NCO europe are chasing me for a non existant debt

Janie-B

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone help...? NCO have been on my case for a few weeks, i decided not to take out a new contract with orange...i never used the handset...i sent it back recorded delivery within 7 days...this was back in august when postal strikes were going on..i have proof i am not liable for this £67.50 debt...i have sent it down to NCO in their watery lane...( wish it was their watery grave:| ) i am sick of their letters..their phone calls and their refusing to acknowledge my recorded proof that i am not in debt, i have done everything possible..but today..i get yet another letter saying my case is now being tranferred to a Mr S.C.Leatham-locke.LLB, (wonder if he exists anyway) I am totally fed up with them..i have had a threat that a Mr P Brown was gonna visit my premises...'he' didnt arrive..now am being threatend with legal stuff...i was actually told over the phone 'it would be in my best interests just to pay it' when i refused..they hung up...grrrrrrrrr..any advice????

Hi Janie-B, I have transfered your post to it's own thread in order that your post does not get lost in the other thread. This way you will receive lots more help and advice. Personally I would lodge an official complaint in writing with NCO (stop speaking to them on the phone it is a waste of time and telephone conversations can be denied) I would also report the matter to Trading Standards.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

P Brown is a busy man. Along with his alter ego P Edwards he regularly promises to visit people up and down the length of the UK every Tuesday. This is just a silly NCO game to get you to ring their threat centre. NEVER SPEAK TO THESE CLOWNS ON THE PHONE. Write to them and demand a copy of their complaints procedure and make a formal complaint to them and TS. Mr Leathem Locke is their in house 'solicitor for hire. The so called letters from him are printed by NCO using their threatomatic computer.

just to let you know..i took your advice and phoned trading standards..they said i had a case thats sounds like harrassment and they are putting it over to my local TS in Edinburgh..i was told i'd hear from them within 7 working days...I hope it works and I get the NCO monkeys off my back..ohh and S.C.leatham-Locke...does anyone know why NCO keep ringing me and hanging up..i thought at first i had missed the call..but they hang up after only a couple of rings...are they hoping i call back? not a chance...I have heard they charge up to a quid a minute to call them, whereafter they get a cut of the call money...is this true??

just to let you know..i took your advice and phoned trading standards..they said i had a case thats sounds like harrassment and they are putting it over to my local TS in Edinburgh..i was told i'd hear from them within 7 working days...I hope it works and I get the NCO monkeys off my back..ohh and S.C.leatham-Locke...does anyone know why NCO keep ringing me and hanging up..i thought at first i had missed the call..but they hang up after only a couple of rings...are they hoping i call back? not a chance...I have heard they charge up to a quid a minute to call them, whereafter they get a cut of the call money...is this true??

They are using auto dialler and do not have an operator to connect to when you answer, report them to ofcom(i think) for silent calls.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this. NCO and the famous Mr Brown are chasing me for a so called debt of £14 relating to my daughter's phone even though she was cut off months ago and the contract is now finished. I have written to orange several times but have never received a reply - what a way to do business. Reading your posts has made me even more determined not to pay this.:rolleyes:

good for you...just ignore them...ignore any threats..and whatever you do...DONT PAY UP!! i took my case to trading standards..and i now havent heard anything from NCO in a few weeks...(hope it continues) i also wrote to orange and recieved no reply..they then got in NCO..and MR Brown was gonna visit me...i was kinda hoping 'he' would...but i have been told Mr Brown doesnt actually exist..its all just threats to scare you into paying up, if they ring you...and ask your name and date of birth...dont tell them..cos they cant carry on any conversation with you...infact..just hang up as soon as you know its them...they are basically just monkeys. good luck!:):) from Janie

Mr P Brown is a figment of their imagination. He claims to be going to visit hundreds of homes up and down the length of the UK every Tuesday. Perhaps they should change his name to mr P. Ointless or even Mr P. Rick