Lowells!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Just joined the site and read a few of the problems people have been having with Lowells. I recently recieved a letter from Lowells and luckily looked at your site first!

I called them and did not give them any details about myself but just asked for more information. The guy was so rude and eventually slammed the phone down on me!!

A few days later I recieved another letter saying it was a debt from barclaycard for £1129.11!!! They stated if I did not make any contact the client may instruct them to take further action to recover the balance.

7 days later I recieved another letter (5th March) stating that as I had make no effort to contact they may instruct an agent in the area to visit me unless I make contact within 48 hours!!

I assume from previous messages I have read that the best thing to do is send the template letter requesting the CCA agreement?

The last dealing i had with Barclays was Sept 2003.

Can anyone help... Please???

First NEVER talk to these "people" on the phone as they will try and get you to agree to anything.

Before you even think about making any sort of acknowledgement or payment to a DCA you MUST ensure that they have the LEGAL right to collect the debt.

This is achieved by requesting a copy of the Signed, Executed Credit Agreement via a Consumer Credit Act (CCA) request.

There is a template letter to be found here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Letter N.

Is it important to start the letter:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY in Big Bold letters.

It is best to send this request via recorded/special delivery as there are some important deadlines to observe.

After 12 WORKING days the "debt" is in default and stays that way until the request is complied with.

If a FURTHER month passes then the DCA has committed a summary criminal offence and the matter should be referred to Trading Standards for action once the DCA continues to demand payment.

I hope this clarifies some things.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks very much. Will send tomorrow. Have to include a £1 postal order?

Will keep you posted on any other letters received.

Thanks very much for your advice. This company sound like a nasty piece of work.

Yes you MUST include the £1 as this is the required fee for this.

Also DON'T sign simply print your name.

It isn't unknown for some interesting things to happen to signatures.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too