Hsbc Fraudulent Cheque Now Im In Court

Sucker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Some time ago i sold a car through tvat via the internet, someone approached me and gave me a HSBC Limited co cheque, i present this to the bank and left it for 5 days to clear, took the funds out and sent them yes for shipping fees by western union transfer, anyway i went back to the bank 1/2 and hour later and the cheque had bounced, now they are pursuing me in court for the debt !! has anyone else been in this situation that can give me some usefull advice?

Some banks say that the cheques clear in 3 days and let you draw against them. With Halifax you can do this even though it actually takes 7 working days for a cheque to clear. Wasn't there something in the news a while back about cheque clearance?

Ahhh haaa. Found it:-

BBC NEWS | Business | Cheque payments given certainty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thanks for you link and help, this activity happened over 18 months ago so it looks like the law has only changed recently, not much use to me, well it looks like i have to go and fight my ground on monday !!!! my argument is that it was a hsbc cheque and it was paid into a hsbc bank account why did it take them so long to realise that the cheque was fraudlent and they should not have let me withdraw against it, i was a customer of HSBC for over 10 years and held numerous acccounts with them, i know for sure that once this fiasco is over i will be taking them to court for bank charges !!!

• 3 months later...

Well i went top court and it was referred to county court, what a nightmare, i received a call from the banks solicitors and they proposed that i withdrew my counterclaim for £2k and they would withdraw their case ! result they obviously knew they were on a looser !! Just for the record if anyone else finds themselves in the same position keep fighting, if you have the evidence don't give in ! this is how the banks make their billions of profit, well i must admit im glad its over and HSBC have lost a very good customer,

Well done, sucker - it just shows that if you stick to your guns when they're in the wrong - you'll win out in the end. It gives encouragement to all those fighting for their rights............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D