style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a totally obnoxious person named Mr Wigton from UCS( only giving the company name after I put teh phone down on him) phone number 08701125810. He says that unless my daughter contacts him today the bailiffs will be here on Monday morning. Daughter has an IVA for her varied debts, sadly accumulated in her late teens, which she is paying on a regular direct debit by agreeance with her creditors, not through Cabot. The company representative of UCS phoned out of the blue, refusded to give me the company name, refused to bring a superior to the phone and was downright rude.

Reading on here I see they are well known and classed as a cowboy outfit. What rights do they and indeed do we have and what is the best way to stop this given daughter is now 28, lives at home but only has her room and personal possessions in rented accomodation.

i believe they can only send the bailiffs round after obtaining a court order so dont worry

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

btw its a company called Ultimate Credit Services

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

That's a relief, thank you for this, I've done a lot of looking online and discovered more and more about this company, none of it great. I don't know if my daughter has spoken with them yet, I hope not as I want to demand they converse by written form only so we have record of what they are a)demanding and b) assuming!

I fully intend to take this further.

My daughter admits she owes the money and is doing her best to clear her debts in the best way possible, demands with menaces we will not tolerate.

is there a way of blocking the calls?

Sure is ...

On this forum in the templates library there is a STOP CALLS template.

Amend to suit your particular case,

Don't sign the letter .... and fire it of recorded post. This usually stops this type their tracks.

If they call you after they have signed for it's delivery and carry on regardless, make sure you get the callers full name. Send round PC Plod to arrest him. Easy.

Don't panic, there are many statutes in place to protect you from harrassment.

Bon Chance.

If I've helped please click my scales.

• Haha 1

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Mirage,

Why on Earth were they talking to you about this matter? They seem to have seriously breached the Data Protection Act.

Your daughter should complain to the Information Commissioner.

Newborn

• Haha 1

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

More thanks to you guys. it's such a relief to know there are people out thre who can help and advise. The last thing you need is nasty bullies harrassing you.

Mirage

x