Capital One / CapQuest

jo5ephedward5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a credit card with Capital One, £200limit

I missed one payment and got 2 charges for it, which was about 12months ago - having looked at thsi site then, I sent off a DSAR and when they sent me back the stuff noticed I’d got just shy of £200 worth of late payment charges where my payment was a few days late etc. I planned on sorting it out and claiming back all charges etc

Unfortunately I was busy with other things such as moving house and never got round to finishing it, then about 6 months ago I remembered and got in touch asking for all the statements between the DSAR and the present apologised for not being in touch and enquired about setting up a payplan for anything outstanding – then before I got the response I moved again (the last place was tempory i don't make a habit of moving around every few months lol) and managed to forget about it.

Today a letter from CapQuest dropped though the door at my new address – (no idea how they tracked it as only been here 12 weeks)

it’s on red paper saying CCJ could be the result if they don’t get a full payment etc etc. – can they do this when I have had nothing off Capital One to say the debt has been given to them etc etc and are they meant to use threatening tactics such as red letters as a first point of contact?

now first off I’ve had dealing with CapQuest before and I don’t like them – I also don’t want to admit to CapQuest that I live there cause they will never let it go – they are [Edit]!

Could I go about this by contacting Capital One in writing and disputing the total owing as its all charges and is there any way I can request CapQuest don’t deal with this?

[for the record CapQuest have been hassling me for a different debt I do not acknowledge, they have [Edit] letters of transferal of ownership from halifax etc - and they have harassed me every day for 3 years on the phone (i don't answer), i got trading standards involved and CQ told TS they had proved the debt (they hadn't) then Trading Standards gave them my address (for old flat when i was there) and they wont leave me alone]

All advice welcome

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi :)

Sorry, I've just noticed that you haven't had a reply yet. This isn't my area of expertise............. but hopefully somebody will be along soon to advise you further/point you in the right direction.

Best of luck :-)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.