Capital One / CapQuest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a credit card with Capital One, £200limit

I missed one payment and got 2 charges for it, which was about 12months ago - having looked at thsi site then, I sent off a DSAR and when they sent me back the stuff noticed I’d got just shy of £200 worth of late payment charges where my payment was a few days late etc. I planned on sorting it out and claiming back all charges etc

Unfortunately I was busy with other things such as moving house and never got round to finishing it, then about 6 months ago I remembered and got in touch asking for all the statements between the DSAR and the present apologised for not being in touch and enquired about setting up a payplan for anything outstanding – then before I got the response I moved again (the last place was tempory i don't make a habit of moving around every few months lol) and managed to forget about it.

Today a letter from CapQuest dropped though the door at my new address – (no idea how they tracked it as only been here 12 weeks)

it’s on red paper saying CCJ could be the result if they don’t get a full payment etc etc. – can they do this when I have had nothing off Capital One to say the debt has been given to them etc etc and are they meant to use threatening tactics such as red letters as a first point of contact?

now first off I’ve had dealing with CapQuest before and I don’t like them – I also don’t want to admit to CapQuest that I live there cause they will never let it go – they are [Edit]!

Could I go about this by contacting Capital One in writing and disputing the total owing as its all charges and is there any way I can request CapQuest don’t deal with this?

[for the record CapQuest have been hassling me for a different debt I do not acknowledge, they have [Edit] letters of transferal of ownership from halifax etc - and they have harassed me every day for 3 years on the phone (i don't answer), i got trading standards involved and CQ told TS they had proved the debt (they hadn't) then Trading Standards gave them my address (for old flat when i was there) and they wont leave me alone]

All advice welcome

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

Hi :)

Sorry, I've just noticed that you haven't had a reply yet. This isn't my area of expertise............. but hopefully somebody will be along soon to advise you further/point you in the right direction.

Best of luck :-)