John B vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Im about to start on the road, to hopefully get my cash back off these swines!

I put in for my statements going back 5 years (since i opened the account) towards the end of may. It was confirmed that the money (£5) was taken out of my account on the 6th of june. 20 days later i called up to see where they were...they had apparently sent them but they never turned up...several envelopes-worth, over several years, and not one arrived?

I complained and they said they would re-order them, taking a maximum of 10 days from the 26th. I have just called, and after a very long silence, 'mike' said 'there was a queue', and the statements will be sent a maximum of 10 days from the 29th!!

So has the stalling taken place already? Naively i have been transparent in my need for the statements, so they know exactly what they will be used for...

Anyway, here we go, the first tentative steps...:)

Hi John,

Just remember they have 40 days to comply with a Data Subject Request so dont let them dictate the timescale..certainly that is also the advise on this site...

As long as within 40 days they are not committing any offence under the DPA.

Good Luck

xx

now they have said that the information needs reordering again!

i demanded a proper explaination, and they told me that, due to my having over 900 transactions on the account, the system doesnt/cannot send the information out. The person i subsequently spoke to towards the end of june didnt know this, couldnt see any error, and ordered the statements in the same way.

hence the same problem.

they have now exceeded the 40 day limit from my first request...although i didnt put it in writing, doh!

after speaking to karen @ the glasgow business centre i will now get a phonecall on monday confirming the 'account report' they will send me, along with the statements. This account report contains lots more detail, so they say...but i aint saying anything till they call and confirm.

so anyone else facing excessive delays in getting your statements? call the business centre, as it may be the number of transactions on the account holding you back!

then again, it may be a load of flannel, and the halifax are simply stalling. who knows...

I think the moral of the story here is to make sure everything is in writing!

It might seem like a shortcut, and for some it is... but then there's ones like this who have to wait months.

Cosyne, I'm not trying to single you out as your not the first and you certainly won't be the last. I just hope your experience will show others that the FAQ's and template library are there for a reason.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

absolutely, totally agree with you.

i actually heard of the recent ruling by the oft elsewhere, and applied for my statements back in mid/late may...BEFORE coming to this site.

Cheers

John B

right then!

got Dawn to print my statements off at last! arrived today, so here we go, only 300 quid but thats a fair bit for me:)

lets 'ave it!

*trundles off to the FAQS with a beer on the go*

I'm no expert, but I would send the prelim by special delivery. Then there's no chance of them saying it hasn't been received. It costs £4.10 to send it, but at least you get peace of mind.

With an email, it could just get ignored/deleted and you won't be able to prove receipt.

Laura

Abbey Prelim Letter sent 16/06/06 - LBA sent 30/06/06 - MCOL served 22/07/06 - Acknowledged 26/07/06 - Defended 16/08/2006 - Settled 20/09/06 :o

Abbey 2 Prelim Letter sent 22/09/06

Abbey 2 LBA sent 9/10/06

MCOL 03/11/06

Cap One Prelim sent 28/06/06 - LBA sent 13/07/06

MCOL served 05/08/06 - Acknowledged 02/08/06 - Served 05/08/2006 -Settled in full 22/08/06 :D :D

Halifax Prelim sent 03/07/06 - LBA sent 17/07/06

MCOL issued 03/08/06 - settled in full 09/08/06 :D

MBNA S.A.R sent 21/08/06 Settled 21/09/06 :-o

Morgan Stanley S.A.R sent 29/09/06

• 2 months later...

hi everyone!

sorry its been so long. they offered me 183 quid out of 300, and i was skint, so took it!

the thing is, i signed a form for 'full and final settlement'.

i had a direct debit due out on 14th, and a cheque clearing on the 14th, and a halifax employee told me i was covered.

the debit was applied for on the 13th instead, costing me 39 quid. but they say as i settled previously i cannot claim this back. is this true?

thank you for any advice.

donation is on its way too;)