DPA request - John vs Lloyds TSB

jmcdyre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent off my DPA request yesterday and again for good measure today, got a reply just, which I think they must now be handling with a new protocol due to high volumes. Here is the reply:

Thank you for the attached e-mail and also the one received today.

I acknowledge your request for copies of statements of your account since March 2000. Under the circumstances, your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Service Recovery and I have asked that he notes your requests and responds to you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

K***h B***n

Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery

Birmingham

"Under the circumstances" - what circumstances, the standard letter from the library does not mention why I am requesting statements, nor that it is regarding a potential complaint/claim.

Anyone else think this is a bit weird!?

Yeah that's the same one that I received. I emailed back to find out what the manager's name was, turns out that it is a she and not a he. They could at least change that part of the letter instead of making you think you will be dealing with a bloke. :roll:

Lloyds TSB claim £1896.27

Need to send DPA to Barclaycard and Barclays Bank

I thought that i would try and contact Lloyds TBS and request the email / telephone number for the Manager of the Service Recovery Dept....

phones the complaints number and was told that they only have an adress listed as:-

Customer Care

PO BOX 112

Canons House

Canons Way

Bristol

BS99 7LB

not sure if this is a more direct route to the service recovery dept or not.

Kevin

Good Luck All...

Fruitbat

In the words of a once great man \" Living is easy with your eyes closed, misunderstanding all that you see\" John Lennon

I think that everything happens in Birmingham.

Try Paul Greenway. About time he had some direct contact, I think. he gets paid to manage the customer complaints dept.

• 7 months later...

I'm trying to get my statements from lloyds and by the sounds of things its quite difficult. Someone advised me to send the letter and £10 to my branch- was this the wrong thing to do? its been 14 days already and there's no sign of my statements. i'm confused :-( i also sent a letter to first direct and they replied saying that they would send my statements by courier and gave me my cheque back saying the service was free of charge, which was nice. but i haven't received those statements either.

Any words of advice would be muchly appreiciated!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi im new to this whole thing, but it seems that im not the only one having problems with lloyds. I sent a request on the 12 of october, and yes you have guessed it NO REPLY YET!!! i could really do with some reasurance that im not on my own in this situation, as im starting to think i have done something wrong...

The bank has 40 days to comply with your Data Protection Act request for statements, so don't panic just yet. If they have'nt complied after about 30, send them a reminder letter.

You both need to take some time to have a good read of the FAQ section. Most of your questions will be answered there. Please familiarise yourself with the process as much as you can whilst your waiting for your statements. If you still have questions after that, by all means ask away - but please start new threads of your own.

Good luck.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 1 month later...

just thought it was worth a mention.........i sent mine to lloyds in london registered address.........but sent it recorded delivery....came back no problem but did take 35 days so don't worry yet..........as garyh says follow the format of the site....

good luck and don't give up they will try and fob you off.....

Laira, sending the request to the branch should be ok as they should (ha ha, sorry its Lloyds I find it amusing) then forward it on the right department. The address that I have been given is:

DSAR

Drop Zone C49

Charlton Place

Andover

Hampshire SP10 1RE

Also, make sure that it is sent by registered delivery as this way you can prove dates should they not answer within 40 days. As Gary said, by all means, start your own thread. Loads of really helpful people and all your queries will be answered if not on the same day usually within 2 days.

Follow the templates and the guidelines and in about 8-10 weeks...ch..ching ££££!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks