FOS or Court?

bathgatebuyer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was quite clear that my claim was heading to court until I read this:

The Financial Ombudsman Service is able to deal with complaints about sales before 14 January 2005, if, for example the policy was sold by a high street bank or the firm was a member of the General Insurance Standards Council (GISC).

posted on someone else's thread.

What do you think I should do - FOS or court?

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I don't know if the above is true.... but i won my case for 2 PPI's by using the FOS service, it took from 16th october 07 till 10th january 08 all seemed to go easily for the FOS to get blackhorse to agree to refunding me with 8% interest giving them 28 days to pay.

Now the fun has begun as to date i have not received any refund and blackhorse have requested a further 28 days and Fos have agreed.

Have spoke to blackhorse and they given me a figure verbally over the phone for the first PPi refund and i have pointed out that this does not include what i had payed each month for the PPi and got into heated conversation with them, i then rung FOS spoke to my case officer and explained what had been said and she agreed this payment's should also be refunded to me BUT they can not get involved with this side of things and i should consult a accountant !!!!!!!

So really they will assist you to prove you have been mis-sold but that is all they will do.

Well good luck with what ever way you choose to go !

Cheers for the response - I've used the FOS to recoup cash from the Nationwide after they retaliated upon me after I reclaimed my bank charges and closed my account. The FOS 'fined' them £250 for my trouble. It did take 11 months to resolve though.

I've prepared particulars of claim but the cost of taking it to court is about £100 as opposed to the FOS. I'm just inclined to think that the Halifax will view a court referral much more important that an FOS one.

Good to hear the FOS are involved in PPI cases and helping consumers - even if there are delays at the end of it and they ultimately can't force the bank's hands.

Will have to count my pennies up and see if i can make that court referral!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress