NATWEST wont supply original agreement as account is closed.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4676 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some advice please. I recently saw that natwest issued a default against me even though i paid my account in full. They have said that i have defaulated.

I sent them a request for my original agreement and received a reply stating that as my account is closed they do not have to supply this now.

Can anyone please advise me if this is true. The account could only have been closed in December 2007 which seems quite convenient.

alexthekid

Hi Alex

In order to issue a Default note then they must have details of what the default refers to.With regards to not having your agreement this is not the same a a loan or c/c as overdrafts come under a diff section of the CCA and are exempt part v but they should be able to provide some documentation as its requred for up to 6 years after closure of any finacial dealings and is required for money laundering purposes.

I would be inclined to send them a full S.A.R (subject access request for said account enclosing £10.00 po and dont sign it print name then see what the default relates to.

have you actualy recieved a default note or have you found out via credit report?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest grizzleguts

On 4th October 2002, NatWest PLC computer system ran for the last time. On October 5th 2002 RBS Group PLC computer system became live with real time banking.

the old options are still available via

Back Office 04, 26, 45, option 1. This produces 12 options one of them is a search facility. You do need the sort code of the branch you opened the account at plus the post code, Date Of Birth, name, but it takes approximately 30 seconds and any NatWest employee can find it.

Additonal information: O4 Master Index the next screen is Customer Information Index 26 Additonal options 45 NatWest Archive and Option 1 is locate customer

people using this method have received statements going back too 1992, so the 6 years thing is bollox.

Hi grizzle

Already aware of the info u supplied i was refering to 6 years after closure not pre closure

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread