I am going to court on thur (6th July), help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck!!!!:razz:

06th April 2006 Statements requested for last 6 yrs:

Bank of Scotland: Current account Breaching DPA

Royal Bank of Scotland: Style Breaching DPA

Capital One: Mastercard Request for £499.23 on the 17th April. £40 refunded to account on 26th April. Small claim hearing 27th June. Full refund and interest 24th May.

Coop: Crashed and burned into giving in Full and final offered 16 days after LBA ;)

Thats enough just now, more to come though

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mumofthreeboys
I'm in Court tomorrow (NOT BANK CHARGES) you wish me luck and I will wish you luck;).

I wish you luck Zooman xxxxxxxxxxx

VERY BEST OF LUCK , Manolo. You will be just fine, hope you get RESULT...Good one would be if they don't turn up!!! Will follow up how it went....

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Sorry Zooman, Best of Luck also

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Good luck Zooman, i hope we both win!!!! x

ABBEY Total £1277 First Claim £687 hearing date 6/7/06

BOS Total £1069

RBS 3/7/06 Statments arrived

NW Waiting on Statements Data Protection Act UP!!

SENT NON-COMP 28/6/06 sent letter to Data

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

still no reply from anyone in Scotland who has apparently been this far..? Are you the VIRGIN, Manolo!!!???

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Think I might be... lol. Might be able to make things easier for people in Scotland if I win, or should I say when I win!!! 12 hours to go! Yay

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

Good luck and try and sleep tonight.

Please update us as soon as you can - I will be thinking of you in the morning.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

good luck manolo im also in scotland and dreading it geting to the courts

NatWest Account Opend

My Accounts

--------------

BoS

Sent Data Protection Act request - 5/7/06

Abbey

Sent preliminary aproach for repayment £532 - 22/7/06

LLoyds Tsb

Capital One

Any advice and opinions of mine, are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability and some times not always correct use your own judgment and seek advice of a qualified insured professional if in any doubt

good luck ...... doubt you need it. remember the court will know that you have no experience with court proceedings ..... anyway i think they will pull out at the last minute, and if they want you to sign a confidentially agreement then chage them ...

good luck, post back as soon as you come home.....

lisaxx:D :D :D

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

good luck tomorrow, sounds like you are well prepared.... take it easy.

I will not be held liable for any advice/comments given... if in any doubt please consult professional advice.

HBOS Acc1 - Small Claim Filed 31/07/06 - WON -21/8/06 - MCOL -06/09/06 - WON 13/09/06

HBOS acc2 -Small Claim Filed 02/08/06 - WON 13/09/06 - Round 2 Prelim Letter sent 14/09.06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

HBOS acc3 Prelim Letter sent 14/09/06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

Hello manolo.

Sorry I didn't see your thread earlier, it's only just come to my attention tonight.

So, it looks like you're off to court in the morning. DON'T PANIC. Firstly, you can expect them to turn up. They won't have sent a lawyer up from Swindon, or wherever, they will have sent detailed instructions to a local solicitor who attends that court regularly. Secondly, the hearing tomorrow is just a procedural one where the shriff will make sure that everything is in order for the case to proceed. This means that he/she will be checking to make sure that it is in the correct court (small claims), and that your claim is legally correct. He will also be making sure that the other side is ready to proceed. Finally, he'll try to persuade both parties to settle out of court. YOU WILL NOT be getting in to the nitty gritty of the legality of bank charges tomorrow. That will come later, if the case proceeds.

It's interesting that they're defending at all, frankly. Which court is it in? If it's anywhere near Dunfermline I might come along. My guess is that there's something in your claim form which makes them think they can get it chucked out. Alternatively, they may be trying a new scare tactic of literally taking it to the steps of the court. In either case, take heart form the fact that it won't actually cost you anything to find out. It is possible that they won't turn up, but the fact that they've not written and offered to settle suggests that they will.

When you do get to court, make sure you're on time, and go to the toilet before you go in. In the past I've nipped out for aminute, and in that time my case has called and been dismissed because I was a 'no show'. If your luck is anything like mine your case will be one of the last to call, which means you'll get to spend an incredibly tedious day in the public gallery waiting for your case to call.

When you case does call, bear in mind that the sheriff is supposed to help you with your case, since you're representingf yourself. Whatever you do, don't interupt anyone while they're speaking - especially the sheriff. This seems to really wind them up for some reason. The other side will be doing everything they can to get your case dismissed, and they will have been given comprehensive intructions from the bank's lawyers, so you'll need to play it by ear. In a nutshell, you need to stick to a very simple message: "The bank's charges do not represent their actual costs for going overdrawn, therefore they are not recoverable". If their lawyer tries to suggest othewise, your only response should be "Prove it". There is nothing unreasonable about your case, and you are entitled to have your day in court. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. :)

Good luck.

I'll stay up for a while longer just in case you feel you want to respond to this.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Hope it goes your way. I am sure it will. I'm another Scottish claimant and extremely interested in their new approach. They cannot prove that their charges are lawfull. You are firmly in the driving seat. Don't get sidetracked from that issue.

Robert's advice above is good practical advice, but if I had offer some, it would be to listen much more than you talk.

Bank of Scotland

Letter asking for Statements - 24 Apr 06

Recieve Some Statements - 29 June 06 (rest recd. on 18th Jul)

Planning claim - 30 June 06

Preliminery Letter Sent 3rd July 06 - claiming £4143 (recorded delivery)

Standard letter recieved - no offer - 13 July 06

LBA sent 18 July 06 (signed for on 19th)

Recd. phone call 21st July 06, offered £210 then £600. Refused.

Moneyclaim Online submitted for £4398 (11th Aug 06)

Letter rec.d informing of full reimbursement within 5 days (23 Aug 06)

MBNA Credit Card

Planning claim - 2 Jul 06

Letter asking for statements sent 3 July 06 (recorded delivery)Preliminery letter sent recorded 8th Aug 06

Sent LBA 22 Aug 06

Applied for RBS parachute account - 3 July 06

More details needed, posted current statemets - 12 July 06

Account open - 14 july 06

Thanks Robertxc, it is Aberdeen sheriff court, though its interesting that you are in dunfermline, I am moving there in a weeks time. Thanks for telling me that this is just to make sure everything is sorted, going to quickly prepare a mini brief for that and I am going to take all my other information just in case. Away to do that now and then bed. Will check back before I head to court, and then will post as soon as I am back. Thank you once again. x

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

Good luck today manolo, we all have our fingers and toes crossed for you. By the way,

You'll Win:D

BOS Prelim : 19/06/06 Owed : £382: offered £90.LBA sent 02/07/06, Delivered: 04/07/06. Offer increased to full £382 but with condition. Settled 4/11/06.

Data Protection Act sent to BOS CC : 19/06/06. Acknowledged : 03/07/06 Statements Received : 11/07/06 owed £845

Statements received for closed BOS account: 27/07/06, Owed £2596.52

First claim on closed BOS account now started - £735 Prelim received 7/11/06 LBA sent 5/12/06, Offered Full £735 but with conditions. Claim filed 22/01/07

CapitalOne-£1247, settled in full.

LloydsTSB- £910, sttled in full.

LET BATTLE COMMENCE

go girl....... dont worry all will be fine!!:D :D :D

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

Manolo - you sound so composed and so ready! Great advice from Robert - just watch the way Judge Judy reacts when someone speaks over her!!!

I won't be back until late this afternoon, and I am sure you will have posted by then. Hey - we might see you on the news before we hear from you!!

Do it for your fellow Scots, Manolo! This post will be so helpful for the rest of us.

"Have 'fun'"!!

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Good luck - My battle with the Clydesdale starts today as I'm about to nip out and post my DP request. I fully expect and I am prepared to go the whole way with them. Fight the good fight, finish the course and keep the faith!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/bankcharges-quickguide.pdf

"Fight the good fight, finish the course and keep the faith"

Ok guys I am back. Here goes,

And it was a local lawyer acting on behalf of Abbeys Lawyers

I was in a court room, like you see on tv only smaller, everyone who had a small claim was sitting in the court room and there was a big high table where the judge sat ant the end with a table infront of it for the pursuer and the defendent to stand at either side. The judge seemed a little grumpy but I was relived to see that she was being very fair to the people before me so that made me feel a bit better.

When my case was called I went up and stood on my side of the desk and the lawyer on the other side handed the judge their defence, (which i only got today in the post when I came back form court!!)and said that i had a contract with them under the terms and condition and that bouncing dd etc breached this contract which was why they took the money. And they said that i had failed to submitt a copy of the terms and conditions to either the court or themselves(didnt realise i had to do this, but will send them in tomorrow if someone can confirm this) and because of this they would like the trial to continue where evidence can be submitted. The judge then turned to me and said the amount i was claiming and was this correct, both myself and the lawyer agreed the amount being claimed was correct, She then asked me my view and i said that i did understand the terms and conditions however i disagreed, i think that the charges they apply to your account when you go overdrawn are far too high and not representitive of what the bank looses from me, and that i think these charges are unenforceble and punative. She then said that we were to have a further session in about 2 months time where i was to supply evedience that there charges were penalty charges.

And then i was free to leave, on my way out the in court advisor came up to me and said could i call her. which was interesting as she only handed out leaflets to the other people that were defending themselves.

All in all a bit intimidating but so glad I went and stood up against the other lawyer, made a few mistakes but not to bad since this was my first time in court. Onto finding everysingle piece of evidence i can that proves this to add to what i have already got.

BOS Total £1069

Protection Act manager

Total £2286

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks