capquest!!!!!!

wag

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, has anyone else had a really nasty phone call with someone at capquest.

on saturday i rang to pay a small amount off my hubbys account, but 'david' who i spoke to left me in a really bad way, i cried for most of the rest of the day and shut myself away in my bedroom all day.

he said he would not accept payment because it should have been paid 3 days previous and it was too late now!! he said he didnt believe me when i said that we had recently had a financial blow in that my hubby (being self employed) had not had any work in december because of the weather.

he said nothing could be done about it now and that it was going down the litigation route already. he said the only option i had was to pay a settlement figure by the end of the month, which i said i had no way of doing, to which he said, 'cant you borrow the money of your family and friends'!!!!

the telephone conversation ended with me crying and him saying there was nothing more he could do, he was not going to accept an instalment payment over the phone and he would send out a letter telling me the exact amount we have to pay by the end of this month!!!!!

are these people allowed to do this?

i cant bear how bad they can make you feel, that was on saturday and i still feel really down and upset, in fact i cried in the car on the way to work this morn......

is there a complaints procedure for these gits?:(

This is disgusting....and they will deny it too...this is why you MUST NEVER speak to them on the phone.....have you sent them a CCA request ? what is the debt for ? are there any excessive charges that you could reclaim back ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

hi there, has anyone else had a really nasty phone call with someone at capquest.

on saturday i rang to pay a small amount off my hubbys account, but 'david' who i spoke to left me in a really bad way, i cried for most of the rest of the day and shut myself away in my bedroom all day. They're not supposed to do that

he said he would not accept payment because it should have been paid 3 days previous and it was too late now!! He's telling you lies he said he didnt believe me when i said that we had recently had a financial blow in that my hubby (being self employed) had not had any work in december because of the weather. it's neither here nor there that he doesn't believe you, he has no right to question you, he is a call centre operative, not inspector morse

he said nothing could be done about it now and that it was going down the litigation route already. he's talking rubbish he said the only option i had was to pay a settlement figure by the end of the month, more rubbish I'm afraid which i said i had no way of doing, to which he said, 'cant you borrow the money of your family and friends'!!!! He's not allowed to tell you to do that, it's against the rules

the telephone conversation ended with me crying and him saying there was nothing more he could do, he's still talking rubbish he was not going to accept an instalment payment over the phone and he would send out a letter telling me the exact amount we have to pay by the end of this month!!!!! more rubbish

are these people allowed to do this? No they're not

i cant bear how bad they can make you feel, that was on saturday and i still feel really down and upset, in fact i cried in the car on the way to work this morn......

is there a complaints procedure for these gits?:(

Firstly, make the normal payment by cheque/postal order, this twonk is trying to scare you into paying more than you can afford.

He doesn't get to tell you how much they want, you get to pay what you can reasonably afford.

the idiots who pop up on this forum, asking how can we improve the Debt Collection process and ensure it is done properly, should read this thread

Send them a CCA request letter, requesting proof that they are legally entitled to collect the debt, also ask for a copy of their complaints procedure, follow it up to the letter. provide as much detail as possible about the person, the nature of the call and the times etc

make the low lifes work for their money

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

The guy who spoke to you on the phone is a twopenny- halfpenny pipsqueak whose job it is to upset you and pressurise you into paying. In fact he doesn't know his arse form his elbow and wouldn't get a job in a dung heap. The first golden rule of dealing with DCA's - NEVER,EVER speak to them on the phone - all you will get is abuse.

Send them a request for your credit agreement. There is a letter template on site and I will try to find it for you - maybe someone will cone along who knows where it is. If they cannot produce a copy of the original credit agreement in 12 + 2 days, you do not have to pay them a penny thereafter. IF they still don't produce it in a further 30 days, they have committed an offence and you can report them to Trading Standards and the OFT. Don't let them get you down - we are all here to help each other and give the gnat you spoke to a swift, hard kick up the jaxie!

As in your original thread about the Halifax and Capquest.....please send them letter 'N' from this link...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send it by recorded delivery, do NOT hand sign it, keep a copy of the letter and the rec delivery slip, and write at the bottom - I WILL ONLY CORRESPOND IN WRITING - ANY CALLS MADE TO ME WILL BE CLASSED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH....Write at the top I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

They have to provide this credit agreement within 14 working days OR they are in default of your request if after a further 30 calendar days they still haven't sent it, then they have committed an offence under the Consumer Credit Act of 1974

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

You also need to send a £1 postal order too...

hi, thanx for replying.

no i havent sent a cca, it is only for about 300 quid, the debt was for a halifax credit card in the early 1990's, but we have made payments to it, the last being in september last year. all this has errupted because i havent paid since then. i was more than willing to begin paying a monthly amount again but he said because i had promised it before (he said it was the 5th time we had promised and not paid!!!! no way!!!)

they made an offer in nov last year were they would match each payment we sent so would halve the debt and still pay monthly, which i sent a letter back accepting this, they said they never received my letter and because we were late replying they said the offer wasnt available any more.... cant win can i, thats twice ive tried to pay!!!!!

There MUST be some excessive penalty charges on this surely ?? you know you can reclaim them back !!

You must send the CCA request, it puts the debt immediately into dispute which means they can't take you to court while it is disputed....

I sent a CCA for £139 and never heard from the DCA again! No amount is too small. If they don't have copy of your agreement and you still want to pay, then the ball is in YOUR court how and when you do it - you can no longer be dictated to in any sense by a DCA- you've taken back control.