Lowells sending letters even though i'm paying

Flagg913
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with Lowells, i arranged a payment of £7.50 per month with them...which they accepted in writing....Each month though i recieve a letter saying i have not honoured my payment arrangment of £7.50....Even though the balance is going down by £7.50 every month...Any idea why this is happening and is there anything i could do to stop the letters?

It will just be an automated computer system churning out these letters. Make a complaint in writing as this is harassment and in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guideance and more importantly The Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40. They have 8 weeks to resolve your complaint, if they don't you can then get the FOS involved. The FOS will charge them for investigating any complaint.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

maybe they think that you should be paying on the 1st & you are paying on the 30th - you might even have started paying a few days before you were supposed to in the first place, but if they don't get their money on the correct day, they churn out their letters

Alternatively they just churn out their letters anyway

Grumpy

maybe they think that you should be paying on the 1st & you are paying on the 30th - you might even have started paying a few days before you were supposed to in the first place, but if they don't get their money on the correct day, they churn out their letters

Alternatively they just churn out their letters anyway

Grumpy

Letter i got off them said the first payment was for 25/11/07 i started paying them on the 16/11/07 and have been monthly ever since, i'm guessing they are hoping i phone up so they can pressure me into paying more...of course phoning them is last think i'll do.