Ticket affixed by rear number plate.

Tony P

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got a parking ticket on my motor bike. I did not see it was there until after I had moved away because it was stuck onto the rear of the luggage box just above the number plate at the rear of the bike.

I know a ticket has to be "affixed" to the vehicle but surely it ought to be where the driver/rider can clearly see it before driving/riding away.

Anyone got any knowledge on this point? TIA

Thanks G&M

Mine has a screen.

Surely it should have been somewhere where the Rider will certainly see it before riding off - like the seat or tank or handgrips.

Are the regulations silent on this? I cannot believe so.

Otherwise the Law is instituting a game of Hide and Seek whenever a driver or rider returnes to his car or bike - thus prolonging the time it remains in the wrong place.

Mosts seats have a stipple finish making sticking things to it hard (I used to own a m/c) and wrapping it around the bars would not make it obvious it was a PCN as the wording would not be visible. The tank is the most obvious choice but scooters do not have tanks and a lot of bikers dont like sticky things on the paintwork. I guess where ever you put it is not perfect.

• 6 months later...