style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I signed for two orange mobile phone contract from smart connecxion (based in Nottingham). The door-to-door salesman is named [edited]. They had promised to deliver the handsets within 4 working days. We didn't hear from them for one and half weeks and i phoned to cancel the deal on the basis that it had taken longer than i expected. They agreed to cancell mine and my husband didn't. However one week later they sent a handset and my husband sent it back because it was not the type they had agreed to send him. Two weeks later we started receiving bills from Orange communications in relation to the two contracts. we have tried to explain to Orange and they have referred us to the dealer. We have phoned Mr [edited] on a number of occassions and he promised to look into it and hasn't and his phone number (above) doesn't work anymore. Orange has now sent our names to the debt collectors and they are threatening us with court action or sending the bailiffs. The worst of this whole case is that Orange has put our names in the red on the credit report.

Can anyone help, we are desperate.

Vee :mad:

Have you tried contacting the shop in Nottingham directly?

1) You should write to them setting out the facts and explaining that you do not understand why you are getting debt collectors contacting you when you don't currently have a contract going. Tell them you expect them to sort this out with Orange straight away, and you want to complain about the salesman's tactics.

2) Write to the DCA telling them that the amount owed is in dispute and that you do not expect to be hearing from them again until it is resolved.

3) Write to Orange telling them that they have no right to trash your credit file when the fault lies with the shop in Nottingham and that you want them to correct this immediately.

Don't ask, tell.