Missold Curries Finance?

OFI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so I had been wanting to buy an Xbox 360 for a little while and thought I would take advantage of getting one on a deal in Curries and take them up on the flexible payment plan. I earn enough that I wanted to pay it off in 6 months as I had no desire to pay for an xbox over 4 years!

Anyway the finance was explained to me and described as a flexable payment plan with a default payment of £8 something a month. I made it clear that I intended to significantly increase this so that it could be paid off within a few months. It was calculated for me that I would in doing so pay very little interest.

I had a phonecall from the finance company Curries use (OCA HFC) after a quick chat the woman said upping my payments wasn't an option on my plan.

Having just looked over my agreement it says nothing of the sort :( i'm on the wrong plan!

Continued:

I've been put on the 'EasyPlan' and not the 'Flexible Finance Option' Currys Credit Options according to this I can't change my payment amounts and if I decide to pay the finance off early I am required to pay the full amount of interest which would have accrued over the 4 years (over £140!!)

Where on earth do I stand?

Am I stuck with it now as I didn't read every detail whilst stood there at the counter? or can I have the plan changed? I am going to phone Curries later but I wanted to know if I had a legal leg to stand on as it were.

Hmm I phoned Curries who said you have a 14 day period to change the finance. The guy I spoke to then asked which plan I WAS on and I said the EasyPlan, he then said that it was a flexable plan and that although you can't change the payments you can pay any amount of the balance off you wish at any time and then only pay the interest on the period it is owed, as I was told when I agreed to it.

I said that completely contridicted what the agreement said even if I was sold it as that and also that HFC said that I didn't have a flexable option and he had no idea why. Anyway after calling HFC and unfortunately going through an indian call centre which was quite hard work I managed to get soem details to set up a standing order.

I then got a local branch number and the girl said I could pay with a paying in book she would send me.

So all just panic over some pretty bad documentation :)

• 1 month later...
Ok so I had been wanting to buy an Xbox 360 for a little while and thought I would take advantage of getting one on a deal in Curries and take them up on the flexible payment plan. I earn enough that I wanted to pay it off in 6 months as I had no desire to pay for an xbox over 4 years!

Anyway the finance was explained to me and described as a flexable payment plan with a default payment of £8 something a month. I made it clear that I intended to significantly increase this so that it could be paid off within a few months. It was calculated for me that I would in doing so pay very little interest.

I had a phonecall from the finance company Curries use (OCA HFC) after a quick chat the woman said upping my payments wasn't an option on my plan.

Having just looked over my agreement it says nothing of the sort :( i'm on the wrong plan!

the flexible finance option is the easiplan option the ifo is the interest free option which has a £25 admin fee which hfc charge (not currys)

Hmm I phoned Curries who said you have a 14 day period to change the finance. The guy I spoke to then asked which plan I WAS on and I said the EasyPlan, he then said that it was a flexable plan and that although you can't change the payments you can pay any amount of the balance off you wish at any time and then only pay the interest on the period it is owed, as I was told when I agreed to it.

I said that completely contridicted what the agreement said even if I was sold it as that and also that HFC said that I didn't have a flexable option and he had no idea why. Anyway after calling HFC and unfortunately going through an indian call centre which was quite hard work I managed to get soem details to set up a standing order.

I then got a local branch number and the girl said I could pay with a paying in book she would send me.

So all just panic over some pretty bad documentation :)

and you can change the payments on easiplan i work in currys and i did it myself on a tv i purchased for my mother. what i did was to ring hfc let them know i was increasing my payments and cancelling the direct debit. so what i actually did was to cancel the direct debit and set up a standing order. hope this helps

im sorry one more thing always and i mean always read contracts before you sign them. i am an honest person and when i am processing a credit agreement i don't make 'mistakes' like putting it on easiplan 'by accident'. but i always always point out how the payments work and what happens if they arn't met etc etc etc.