style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we had a mortgage with GMAC and got into arrears. During the time of being in arrears they charged us £50per month. On top of this, they charged us £15 per month for not having a DD in place. This £15 carried on being charged even after clearing all arrears and even up to the day we remortgaged away from them.

I phoned them a couple of weeks ago and spoke to someone who gave me the list of dates when we were charged over the phone and I sent the first letter asking for refund. Got the usual bog off reply.

My question now is do I do the LBA threatening court action or do I go the FOS route? Which is more likely to work? Which is likely to be quicker? I'll take likely to work over quicker though.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Jayne

At the moment they seem to be settling before it goes to court there are several past threads where people have got offers. I havnt followed up my charges yet been deaing with solicitors costs but will be doing so soon

let me know how you get on ( we all get the bog off letter )