GE Money and repossession

lewis2610

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter from GE money regarding repossession of my home as i have £3585.72 of arrears . I have been trrying to pay extra £200 on top on my £870 mortgage but i missed Jan 2008 payment ( my own fault xmas was expensive with 2 kids) I have to call them regarding this and would appreciate any advice or feedback. Is it correct they will try for a suspended order if they accept a repayment proposal and if i mess that up then can go for full repossesion. I wish i has the £3.5k to pay off in one go but i do not have it. Also do i need to attend court even if i make a offer they accept. Please can someone help me i am really worried and cant sleep think of what to do and what to say when i call them.

Kind Regards

Hi. Firstly, don't panic - you will get plenty of help and support here, there are lots of people in your position who are already being helped on this site.

Did you already have an agreement with GE to pay the extra £200 per month or were you doing this on your own?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi thanks for the reply it really does help talking and i know alot of people are in the same situation but thanks for listening.I had a telephone arrangemt to pay the £200 extra and i did this for 3 months untill i couldnt afford jan 08 due on 15th (i missed £870 + £200) i had no money left after xmas and being self employed work is a little slow in Jan. I really am worried what i need to say and do , thanks for any help it is really appreciated i cant lose my house.

Kindest Regards

i am in exactly the same situation, i received a letter from GE money saying they were taking me to court , i panicked and rang them and came to an arrangement over the phone, i was told it would still go to court but as long as i kept up with the payments no futher action would be tasken and they would instruct their solicitors to go for a suspended possession order.Best thing to do would be to ring them up and try and agree a payment with them dont offer more than you can afford (like i did :rolleyes: ) also go to citizens advice as i have been advised to

Hi there, try not to worry too much. Even if they do issue possession proceedings there is a lot we can do to help. It is very very unlikely that a judge would order possession if you have an income and the ability to pay the arrears off over a reasonable time.

When you telephone GE be completely frank with them and tell them why you missed the payment. Ask them to reinstate the arrangement you had with them and if they agree, get them to confirm it in writing. Make a note of the name of the person you speak to. Don't let them badger you into making a higher payment than you can afford as this will only result in you defaulting again. Be firm and only offer what you are comfortable with.

Post on here again when you have spoken to them and we'll take it from there. You will not lose your house unless you absolutely cannot make payments going forward. Provided you stick to any arrangement you make either with GE or with the court you will be OK.

Please try to relax, you have come to the right place for support.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks ever so much guys it really has put my mind at rest a little , i have been panicking all weekend and have some terrible headaches , stress i guess. I will post tomorrow after tel Ge Money

Kindest Regards