style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello ....sorry for the long question ..

I’m not sure if this is something you can advise me on ...but thought it was worth a try..

The weekend before Christmas I received a parking penalty (private carpark) for £35 which would be considerably increased If I didnt pay it within 14 days.

The car park allows free parking for 2 hours and we received a ticket saying that we were parked for over 2 hours, but when we looked closer the ticket said that our car was first spotted at 14.50 and the ticket was issued at 16.00 (we arrived back at the car at 16.00 ...if not 15.55) ....so the mistake on the ticket says that we were only actually parked for 1 hours and 10 minutes. :cool:

We wrote to the private company (no phone numbers on ticket) with a postal order for £35 (to avoid being charged more), but said that we wanted to be refunded because the ticket said we were only there for 1 hours and 10 minutes.

We never heard back until my partner phoned them up (found number on internet) last week to ask what was going on. They said they would look into it, but today we received a letter dated 18th January (only received on the 2nd February) asking us to confirm what time parked and left in writing and that they will check their video evidence.

Can they do this? I remember hearing that if a ticket was incorrect then its void and so tough on the company... even if we were there more than 2 hours..

To be honest we can’t even remember what time we did actually park. :confused:

Thanks

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

To be honest I'd provide the confirmation of the times as far as you are aware. You should be able to appeal the ticket.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.