CCJ Enforcement

linz2011

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope you are all well - not been around much preparing for 2 more court dates one for OH and the other for my sister 12th Feb against YB and 18th Feb the delightful Mr Cohen??? will keep you posted after the events.

Just a quick question sis has a CCJ has been paying monthly missed 2 payments and has now received a notice from northampton to say they are moving it to her local court for enforcement - can she stop this? or is it too late

Thanks guys:)

Hi there, is your sister able to make the 2 missed payments?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok, she should make those payments as soon as possible and fax a photocopy copy of the receipt to the court, making sure she puts all the reference numbers associated with it on a covering letter.

If they do enforce the debt she will probably get a visit from a court bailiff. As all the advice on this forum says - do not let him into the house under any circumstances. He will leave a letter saying he has called. She would then need to send a copy of the payment confirmation with a copy of the letter he left to the court he works from.

Hopefully, she will be able to get the payments made and a receipt in time to stop him calling. Whatever, there will be enforcement costs added to the missed payments and she will also need to pay them to stop the bailiff calling again.

Keep updated when she has made the payment. Incidentally how does she make her payments to the original creditor?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi, when she pays by internet banking does she get an automatic receipt that she can print out?

Dont know if this is relevant or not. I would make the payments in cash at the office. If you do it by internet banking the payment wont reach the recipients bank for 3 days unless they use the same bank as you. As time is of the essence I would go the cash route personally, just to be safe.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

They need to complete the n245 form and apply to vary the terms of the judgment back to instalments. The fee is £35 unless they are on a low income.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/pdf/n245_form.pdf

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 08 Reducing Payments Or Suspending A Bailiffs Warrant On A County Court Judgment