Likkleidiot vs Robinson, Way & Co

likkleidiot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the start of Jan 2008 i got a letter from Robinson way and Co stating they have bought a debt of mine for a Redcats account for the amount of £101.

Not being too sure who Redcats was i did a net search to find out who they were, thats when the bell rang it was from a Empire stores account i defaulted on.

Digging out all my old letters i found a credit report i had done 2 years ago to find that i had paid and settled it in 2002, paid to Droyds Debt collection service.

(Looking at the posts on this forum i know i should have looked on here before i did anything)

So seeing this i rang them...yes i know now it was a bad mistake.

I told them it was paid and asked what were they buying paid debts and don't they check them.....

At this point i was very angry and should have Hung up but they asked for proof and a copy of my credit report and i told them to get their own(at this point i had no knowledge of CCA's and should have asked for their proof that i owed it) and well told them to shove it and i'll see them in court...i was angry!

Yesterday i got a new credit report and hey presto Redacts is back on with 1 default for the 15/1/2008.

I have looked at most of the post regarding CCA's and need to ask for it.

These DCA's, if they don't have a CCA how can they put it back on my credit report?

surely the likes of Equifax must have checks they do before these companies issue these things.

Anyway looking at my credit report now, how can i prove that i once paid it?,as the same debt i paid 6 years ago is now back..

surely this against the law.

anyway i will keep you all informed on this matter

If it shows as paid and settled on your CRA and then a default has been added without being provided with a default notice, I would contact both the CRA and write to RW's complaints department.

I would also report the matter to TS.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Just a quick correction, the new default on my credit report is for London Scottish bank plc, who is the parent company of Robinson way and does not state Redcats anymore only says Home shopping.(see below for new credit report entry and original credit report entry)

On another note does even though i know i have paid this and have proof, would this not fall into the 6 year rule about collecting debts over 6 years old? because from their point of view they are saying i have not paid this debt or anything off of it since 2001?

Name

Date Of Birth

Present Address

Company Name London Scottish Bank plc Account Type Home Shopping Account Number

Account Holder Status Normal Account Status Default Period Last Updated To 15/01/2008 Most Recent Account Status Code DF - Default Account Holder Start Date 13/11/2001 Current Balance £101 Credit Limit £0 Opening Balance £101 Payment Start Date Not recorded Account Start Date 13/11/2001 Payment Frequency Monthly Balloon/Deferred Payment £0 Original Default Balance £101 Worst Status Last 12 months Default

Summary of last 12 months history Number of status 1-2 = 0 Number of status 3+ = 1

Payment History last 12 months (Most recent status [])

Status History

leftbracket.gifD.gifrightbracket.gif

l_fbd93e86a39c78a4e99dd3bf728626fc.jpg