APEX credit management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...First post :-)

Anyway, I have been receiving threatening letters from this mob and hundreds of phone calls re an outstanding amount due to Home learning college..I appreciate that this has to be paid but when the woman from the college came out I was ill (depression) and I felt obliged to sign the form something that I bitterly regret.

I will not speak to this mob on the phone as I am not confident enough and the messages they haveeft are really nasty.

Now..I have written to them twice and they have been sent recorded delivery which were accepted and signed for by them but this morning I received another letter saying that court papers are being prepared...Please help me cos I am terrified that I will be taken to court over this.

I have tried my best to sort this out but they are ignoring my letters and I am at a loss what to do now

Hi beccasmummy and welcome to CAG. When you say you felt 'obliged' to sign the form, are you saying that you never actually did the course? And how much money is involved?

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I have never started the course and by feeling obliged...she caughte me on my own and on a bad day and the illness makes me shy away from confrontation and making decisions and i felt that I had to sign...she didnt force me just caught me on one of my bad days...and the amount is £1508

So have you written to explain this? Presumably they sent you materials which you could return? I can't help thinking they have been a bit unsympathetic if you have told them your situation.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Yes i have told them this in the recorded delivery letter but bthey have ignored it and continually send me threatening letters. They have not sent me anything that I have had to return. I just want to pay the blasted money to them but I cannot speak on the phone due to my condition, I am utterly terrified as to what is going to happen..I have askedhem to only contact me via letter but they are still phoning and leaving threatening messages telling me that I MUST call before 8pm or they are taking me to court

Sorry to harp on - but what exactly do you owe them the money for? My thought is that you should not have to pay it. I am wondering whether they would actually take you to court or whether they are just trying to scare you.

Is there anyone you could get to deal with it on your behalf? When I was suffering from DCA-induced depression I wrote to all my creditors giving my OH the right to deal with them on my behalf. I have just been given permission to deal with a mortgage company on behalf of my friends. Just a thought.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody.... first post :)

PLEEEEEAAAAASEEEEE HELP

I've been dealing with Apex credit management (formelly known as BCW) since May 2005 when they contacted me for a debt i had with Morgan Stanley. At the time they said the debt was for £2842 and i agreed to start making monthly payments of £60 to clear it. A year and a bit later I received an email from Morgan Stanley (as i was registered for online banking with them before) stating that the min payment due is £15.36 and the outstanding balance is £3105....... :confused:

So....i rang Apex only to find out that they've never stopped the charges and interest.... that somehow my payments don't even cover them....... and that they have never told me that my balance was £2842. Now they are saying ... it was £3552.

Unfortunatelly all my dealings with them were over the phone and i have no proof what so ever. I have recently received a letter from Apex that was suppose to be statement of accounts which clearly shows that for the first year i had no interst and charges... BUT DO THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO INTRODUCE INTEREST AND GHARGES WITHOUT INFORMING ME FIRST.

I have asked them 3 times ( recorded delivery) to send a copy of my credit agreement with no answer from them.

I've stopped paying them once and they threatened with charges against my house so i started paying again.

Apex are saying (only over the phone, they have not confirmed in writing) that is Morgan Stanley who are incurring the interest and charges but how come they can offer discount to repay the debt at once

I am sooooooooo confused.... i don't know what else to do :confused:

It sounds as if they can't find your agreement. In which case they can shout as much as they like but they cannot enforce the debt in court. The fact that they have said they will accept a reduced settlement seems to indicate that too.

I wonder if you should send a SAR to find out exactly what is going on?

I would be tempted to stop paying them and see what happens. I would suspect that they will go away - although it may take some time.

Have you chased up the CCA requests or told them they are in default?

BANK CHARGES

Others

beccasmummy, have you got anywhere with your problem?

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 months later...

Hi, first post. Apex Credit Management. My god they just wont take no for an answer! My wife is unemployed, wanted to get better qualifications etc. applied for Home Learning College on the web. applied for a sage accounts course. £880, payable in instalments.

she tried the course for a week. she rang them back and said she was unable to do the course because it was beyond her capability so she attempted to cancel. H.L.C stated she would still have to pay the full cost of the course! Wife said no way, not used tutor help over the phone etc. little while later Apex harassing for the course costs, told them wife could not do the course, feel it wasnt fair she was told she couldnt cancel and stop paying so we werent going to pay. Months of Apex threats of court etc. i asked them to prove a legally binding contract actually exists, have asked them repeatedly for months to send a photocopy of the signed agreement, to prove a contract exists, we get no proof, just letters threatening us with legal action, and they constantly phone asking for the debt to be paid. i kept writing to them asking for proof of the debt, they ignore this. i believe my wife never actually signed an agreement and the terms and conditions are very short on their website. have tried bbc watchdog, waiting for reply. believe it is harassment from apex? as they will not prove the debt exists to me/wife. how can i stop them harassing us? have threatened them with the office of fair trading, which could result in their business licence being suspended, but Apex just carry on demanding payment. if they took my wife to court, could we possibly lose? we really could use advice as it's becoming a nightmare!. thank-you in advance. i have copies of all correspondence, proper letter to Apex, but bog standard reply from them just changing the date on their letters, no response to points made, just threats, one after the other. sorry, please remove this thread then, didnt want to hijack, it's a very big site with lots of sub-sections. I thought it was o.k here, will attempt to re-post it in the place you have advised sorry!, and remove it from the other sub section i have put it aswell.

Edited by iwannawinlotto
no reply, want to move post to different section where someone can advise.

Hi Lotto,

Please start a new thread for this here in the Debt forum - this saves hijacking other members threads.

Copy your above post, then start your own thread and paste it to avoid retyping it all.:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)