Advice please - Euro car parks £70 ticket...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I hope you can help. I got a letter this morning from euro claiming £70 for an overstay in Reading on 3rd Dec 07. This is the first i have heard of it though.

I was in the car park that day for about 5 hours actually as i was working in the staples store setting up a security system.

I have phoned the store and they said that they will let euro car parks know that i was there working that day - but what if they dont or euro car parks ignore them??

what should i do now ??

thank you - i hope you can help.

Hi Everyone

I hope you can help. I got a letter this morning from euro claiming £70 for an overstay in Reading on 3rd Dec 07. This is the first i have heard of it though.

I was in the car park that day for about 5 hours actually as i was working in the staples store setting up a security system.

I have phoned the store and they said that they will let euro car parks know that i was there working that day - but what if they dont or euro car parks ignore them??

what should i do now ??

thank you - i hope you can help.

You could write to Euro Car Parks and explain the circumstances but the best advice on these forums is not to initiate contact. I await the result of stores intervention on your behalf. In the meantime have a read of the guides in the stickies section at the top of this forum. Private Parking Companies/Charges - everything you need to know and the template letters.

One question for you - was the vehicle you were in that day a company vehicle or a lease vehicle? The reason I ask is that there have been a few threads on these forums where have been hit with admin charges and had private parking company invoices paid on their behalf without their knowledge. If this is the case let your fleet dept/lease company know that they will probably be receiving an invoice from a private parking company and that you will be disputing it. They should not pay it or apply an admin charge (depends on your agreement) as it is not a fine or legal notice.

Make sure you highlight the fact to them it is an invoice that you are disputing.

Hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortuantly it is our private car - mine but my husband is the registered keeper.

The letter was addressed to him.

I called the store (staples) and they have sent an email to euro car parks stating i was working there - but he said it may be too late to sort it...

how can it be too late when i only found out about it today - if i had a ticket on the day i would have gone straight back into the store then !!

I have prepared a letter disputing the fine - do you think i should wait and see what the store has to say.

I cannot believe these people can get away with this - i cannot afford to spend £70 for parking when i was authorised to be there by one of the stores !

Thanks - sorry to rant - i am furious !!

Unfortuantly it is our private car - mine but my husband is the registered keeper.

The letter was addressed to him.

I called the store (staples) and they have sent an email to euro car parks stating i was working there - but he said it may be too late to sort it...

how can it be too late when i only found out about it today - if i had a ticket on the day i would have gone straight back into the store then !!

I have prepared a letter disputing the fine - do you think i should wait and see what the store has to say.

I cannot believe these people can get away with this - i cannot afford to spend £70 for parking when i was authorised to be there by one of the stores !

Thanks - sorry to rant - i am furious !!

Remember that this is an invoice not a Penalty Charge Notice. They have obtained the Registered Keeper details from the DVLA. Time limits do not apply in this instance. The PPC can simply issue a credit on their books to cancel the invoice. It would take no more than 5 minutes to complete.

However let the store deal with it first. If they can get it cancelled so much the better.

What you can do is have your husband write back to the PPC, acknowledge the that he is the RK but he is not liable for the debt. Ask the PPC to take the matter up with the driver. The RK cannot be made party to a contract with his knowledge or agreement. This is a civil matter and there is legal obligation to provide your details. He does not have to name you or provide your details. Send the letter recorded delivery.

See the template letters at the top of the forum for how to phrase things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bib,

Just to reinforce advice you have received from others - This is a [problem], DO NOT PAY.

These private parking companies get their money by mimicking official documents. The Parking Charge Notices do look like Penalty Charge Notices issued by the council. Most people pay up without fuss, thinking they are in some way "official".

Analogy to widlife:

Wasps and Hoverflies - both are flying insects, black and yellow stripes, hence suitably threatening. However, one stings [council] and the other doesn't [Euro Car Parks].

You will get lots of threat displays [letters through the posts], see them off either by ignoring or by using Bernie's template letters [see "Sticky" at top of the parking forum]