Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks for the advice and pointers much appreciated, letter will come from daughter in law but I would type it her up and print it off for her.   The officer told her he could not guarantee it would not happen again like you say I am astounded the Police have time to be stopping a driver who has proved 5 times now that she is legal to be on the road none of it makes sense.
    • We requested evidence for the PCNs and have received this. Where do we go from here?  BW_Legal_Evidence-compressed.pdf
    • Definitely move the cars ASAP, the bailiff will come back and clamp them, don't wait bailiffs can now call on Sundays and most Bank Holidays.
    • What should you do? Totally ignore them. Next time you are there take photographs of Athena's notice at the entrance to the car park plus the position of the others as well as any difference between the T&Cs of their signs. Also a picture of their payment meter as the T&Cs there are often different from the signs. Check with the local council to see if Athena have permission to erect signs and ANPR cameras under the Town & Country [Advertisements] Regulations -they are often online these days. Also ignore any future correspondence from them and their unregulated debt collectors and do not be afraid of ever escalating fees most of which have no basis in Law. The time to come back to us is if they send you a letter of claim where a snotty letter to them may discourage them.Also read other threads on here to get an idea of the numties you are dealing with. One amoeba has more intelligence than all the car parking rogues together. It is still worthwhile contacting Lidl even without your receipt and especially where you have a record of regular visits to them.
    • First, I'm a bit surprised that your local police force has the manpower and time to waste chasing up a complaint from a member of the public that a motability car's paperwork may not be in order, bearing in mind that most forces can't be bothered to follow up reported burglaries, if stories in the popular press are to be believed.  But if that's what the police officer has told you, that's what he's told you.   If you want to follow up his suggestion to make a complaint, check your local force's website for how to do so.  Or (bearing in mind the history of problems that you've had before) write straight to the Chief Constable (website again).   Simply say you want to make a complaint about the number of times your daughter (or whoever) has been stopped by the police for no apparent reason.  Give a list of when and where this has happened and what the outcome was (presumably that the police took no further action).  I would also add that in the latest incident the police officer actually suggested making a complaint about the number of stops.  Not only do you (or your daughter or son or whoever it is) find this police action to be extremely distressing, but you also consider it a waste of scarce police resources.   Ask for an explanation as to why this keeps happening and ask for an assurance that the police will stop doing it.   You may also want to add (see what others advise about this) that the police officer in the latest incident also told you that they had received a call from someone saying that the car's paper work "might not be in order".  Say that you are concerned that whoever made this false allegation is wasting police time.  (You may want to think carefully about this as it may not improve your daughter's relationship with her neighbour!  If the allegation came from the neighbour.)   Those are my initial thoughts but it's a bit late to be thinking clearly.  See what others suggest rather than just relying on my suggestions.   [The letter really needs to come from your daughter (or whichever family member keeps being stopped) and not you, unless you can make it perfectly clear in the letter who it is that is being stopped etc. and that you are complaining on their behalf.  Is that clear?]
  • Our picks


Strange Cabot and Intrum Justitia Miracle

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4209 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello all,


I am new to this but I have been doing some reading in the forums. Here's a strange one for you to decipher.


I had Cabot track me down to my new address about a forgotten debt and they put a default on my new address with the CRAs. So I had two defaults registered for the same value at two addresses for the same debt!


I have been paying them and told them this was unfair but they said it was their right. I complained to the CRAs using their dispute forms and thought nothing would happen. About 3 months later, I got another lot of credit files and all the defaults were gone! No communication. No fuss. Just gone! This happened along with the Intrum Justitia default too even though they don't bother me and I am paying them.


I wonder if they relented or just got their urses kicked?!?? I am not complaining either way. I am still paying them both via Payplan by the way.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done - certainly sounds like a miracle to me!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be worth doing a full scale S.A.R. (rather than just a statutory request) of your credit file with experian.


I am aware that sometimes DCA's add info with the caveat that it is not to be passed on in a statuteory request.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.


I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks for the advice. How do I go about doing that?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...