Strange Cabot and Intrum Justitia Miracle

uniplan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am new to this but I have been doing some reading in the forums. Here's a strange one for you to decipher.

I had Cabot track me down to my new address about a forgotten debt and they put a default on my new address with the CRAs. So I had two defaults registered for the same value at two addresses for the same debt!

I have been paying them and told them this was unfair but they said it was their right. I complained to the CRAs using their dispute forms and thought nothing would happen. About 3 months later, I got another lot of credit files and all the defaults were gone! No communication. No fuss. Just gone! This happened along with the Intrum Justitia default too even though they don't bother me and I am paying them.

I wonder if they relented or just got their urses kicked?!?? I am not complaining either way. I am still paying them both via Payplan by the way.

JB

It might be worth doing a full scale S.A.R. (rather than just a statutory request) of your credit file with experian.

I am aware that sometimes DCA's add info with the caveat that it is not to be passed on in a statuteory request.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...