uniplan

Strange Cabot and Intrum Justitia Miracle

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4175 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I am new to this but I have been doing some reading in the forums. Here's a strange one for you to decipher.

I had Cabot track me down to my new address about a forgotten debt and they put a default on my new address with the CRAs. So I had two defaults registered for the same value at two addresses for the same debt!

I have been paying them and told them this was unfair but they said it was their right. I complained to the CRAs using their dispute forms and thought nothing would happen. About 3 months later, I got another lot of credit files and all the defaults were gone! No communication. No fuss. Just gone! This happened along with the Intrum Justitia default too even though they don't bother me and I am paying them.

I wonder if they relented or just got their urses kicked?!?? I am not complaining either way. I am still paying them both via Payplan by the way.

JB

Well done - certainly sounds like a miracle to me!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

It might be worth doing a full scale S.A.R. (rather than just a statutory request) of your credit file with experian.

I am aware that sometimes DCA's add info with the caveat that it is not to be passed on in a statuteory request.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

tomterm8,

Thanks for the advice. How do I go about doing that?