Help!!!

Stramash

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lots of questions, sorry - have just found this site and my head is swimming with all the info.

Ok, firstly, my partner has a bad debt with Paragorn - there has been lots of toing and froing - it took them 8 months to send a statement of her account and 4 months to reply to a letter querying charges thereon. I have downloaded the credit agreement request letter, but can we also use the data protection request letter normally used fro bank charges to get details of the 'sundry' charges they have added?? These extra charges amount to over £500

Secondly; I am currently a ft student about to graduate - I have quite a few bad debts but now I have a family and am about to go into a decent job want to start clearing my bad credit rating and hopefully get a mortgage - whats the best way to start this off??

Any advice will be gratefully taken on board!!! Keep up the good work!:cool:

Hi ..... Firstly I'm not an expert on bebt but I can answer your first question

I have downloaded the credit agreement request letter, but can we also use the data protection request letter normally used fro bank charges to get details of the 'sundry' charges they have added?? These extra charges amount to over £500

Yes you can use the SAR that's used for bank charges for other charges.

Template letters should always be amended to suit your particular situation :)

Hope that helps

saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi and welcome to CAG:D

My debts were pretty bad last year and I made an action plan to clear my bad rating up by looking at each and every account I had i.e. Bank Accounts, Credit cards , Catalogues, etc.

A good idea is to send a S.A.R. to each company that you think may have applied high charges and start to reclaim them back. Hopefully you'll find that the charges applied will wipe out the debt and leave you a little left over thus clearing the debt and satifying your credit file.

It can be time consuming and isn't going to happen over night but on the other hand it is very rewarding.

Good Luck!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

so is the charges thing similar to banks then?? Because we have some ridiculous ones of £70 for visits (which never actually happened) and £20 for virtually every letter they sent!!

so is the charges thing similar to banks then??

Exactly the same principles apply. The charges have to reflect their costs otherwise they are a penalty and unlawful.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thanks rory - thonk I am going to cocnentrate on this paragorn case first - see how that goes - then look at a couple of others!! This site is a huge help - found cab a joke!! cheers all