Mercers calling at my house tomorrow - help

Battle weary

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I CCA'd Barclaycard on 1st October and this is what I got back on 21st December.

Copy of CCA from Barclaycard.pdf

This is illegible. And I do not understand the accompanying letter which states that an Application form is an agreement - see below.

Lette fro Barclays with copy of request for CCA.pdf

I responce I sent the standard template asking for a true copy etc.... This is their final response.

Terms & conditions and their final response.pdf

They have never provided me with a legible copy of an agreement and appear to have closed their files on the correspondence. Where do I go from here?

Also from November i have had constant calls (at least 3 per day) from Mercers. Now I know that Mercers are Barclaycard - but are they allowed to hound me when the debt is in dispute?

A Mercers representative is calling round my house tomorrow. I am going to video the event. But any advice on all the above please as ammunition before he/she/it arrives.

Thanks very much. xx

PS I did make a real pigs ear of trying to post about this before but my attachemnts didn't work - so am trying with a new thread.

I would write back and state that the document is illegible - I feel this is microfiched and they would NOT be able to produce the original if it went to court !!!! Also write a letter to Mercers stating that the account is in dispute and also that you require them to correspond in WRITING ONLY - ANY CALLS MADE BY THEM TO YOU WILL BE CLASSED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH (send it recorded and do not hand sign it !!)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

You may also like to quote them this from the OFT's guidance on debt collection.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

(k) -

not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi Battle weary.

You have my complete sympathy at being unable to get any sense out of Barclaycard. I don't know how it's come about that Mercers are calling on you tomorrow, but please remember that you do not have to accept any visit from them if you don't wish to. You are perfectly within your rights to refuse to speak to them and order them off your property.

When I was in a similar situation with Barclays, I got some excellent advise from other forum members, which may help you too. Here's the link to the thread

http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/121119-payment-demand-out-help-2.html (Hope I did that right lol)

I called Trading Standards to ask for advise as well and they suggested it was something I should talk to the police about. I went down to the local policestation on the day before the threatened visit and a policeman rang Calders (another name for Mercers),telling them he needed to know what time they were coming as he would be there. They were stunned and it ended in grovelling apologies on their part.

Best of luck and don't let them get you down.

Patma

Hi Battle weary.

I went down to the local policestation on the day before the threatened visit and a policeman rang Calders (another name for Mercers),telling them he needed to know what time they were coming as he would be there. They were stunned and it ended in grovelling apologies on their part.

Best of luck and don't let them get you down.

Patma

ha ha ha ha;)

PMSL.

that's the best thing I have heared all day.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

icon14.gif Thanks for all the help so far. Mercers didn't call at my house on Friday - pity I had my camcorder all charged up and ready!!!! The phone calls have started again though.

Question.

Is my application form classed as a credit agreement as stated in the final response from Barclaycard? If so then I will have to start making payments on it as it will be accepted as a credit agreement.

I called Trading Standards to ask for advise as well and they suggested it was something I should talk to the police about. I went down to the local policestation on the day before the threatened visit and a policeman rang Calders (another name for Mercers),telling them he needed to know what time they were coming as he would be there. They were stunned and it ended in grovelling apologies on their part

THIS IS PRICELESS:D

Thanks for all your help to date.

I sent a letter to Mercers re Harrassement (found a good letter in this site). They are still ringing me. I am answering the calls now so they are logged and just tell them to read my letter and respond in writing and then put the phone down.

What is the best action now. Who can I report them to and what would my reasons be?

They, amongst others just DONT listen.

I got rid of them eventually by,

Answering the phone, and when asked if they could speak to Mr TC, i said, hang on i will get him for you.

I then put the phone down, turned up my music, and went off to do something else.

8 minutes and 10 seconds was the longest they held on for.

They stopped calling in the end.

Wonder why.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I forgot to mention.

I have 34 calling cards regarding my "debt" to Bcard.

I sent one of the appointed DCAS an invoice for £200 + VAT for not turning up on the day they threatened, and causing me to have a day off work.

They stopped bothering me as well.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.