R.I.P. Jeremy Beadle.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.

Thanks for the memories.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I always liked Jeremy Beadle - he was a presenter on LBC once, before my time, and did so much for charity - difference between him and most other celeb charity contributors is that he kept his involvements discreet and unassuming. I was very sorry to hear that he'd died.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

and did so much for charity - .

I heard on Heart Radio today, that he raised as much as £ 100 million.

Fantastic.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

A very sad loss indeed. sad0149.gif

His charitable work has helped countless thousands of children suffering from leukemia over the last 20+ years.

Charity work

In the 2001 New Year Honours, he was made a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for his services to charity.[5] Beadle was a keen supporter of the charity Children With Leukaemia, a disease he suffered from himself in 2005. He spent much time raising money for many different charities with Plastermind his 'outrageous quiz for those who don't like quizzes.'

Beadle was a Trust Patron of The Philip Green Memorial Trust, and he annually hosted a quiz party to raise money for disadvantaged children.

Beadle was Patron of Reach, an organisation providing support and advice for children in the UK with hand or arm deficiencies, and their parents.[6]

He was also an active Freemason. Although he did not join this organisation until after his television heyday was over, he quickly became involved with all aspects of English Freemasonry, and particularly its charitable work, often using his celebrity status to assist in raising funds for masonic charities.[7]

It is estimated that his total charitable fund raising was of the order of £100 million.[1]

Taken from;

Jeremy Beadle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isn't it a shame that he fell victim to the illnesses that he raised so much money for research into. His family must be very proud of his memory.

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, and would like to think that it would have made him laugh too:

I told my daughter earlier that he had died, as the radio put it, "after a short fight against pneumonia".

Typically, DD's response was: "WHAT is a short fight against pneumonia? *cough* *urgh* *dead*?"

God Bless him, and my thoughts go out to his family at this very sad time.

(((Jeremy))) rest in peace - you brought laughter to so many of us and were such a genuinely caring human being.

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Love him or hate him..... he entertained millions.

R.I.P.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....