Hi need help reg: Welcome Finance

essjay25

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all newbie here,

So here goes I made a complaint regarding Welcome Finance to the Financial Ombudsman but as my agreement was taken out Feb 04 they are unable to help as Welcome were not under their jurisdiction until Nov 04.

So Q is:

Who can I make my complaint to? (Reg consumer credit act 1974 unenforceable agreement)

Thanks in advance Sarah

The Financial Services Authority would be the ones I would say.

However, I was given to understand that if you raised your complaint after April 2006 it came under the juristiction of the FOS.

Any thoughts anyone else?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've been in touch with the FSA and they can't take on individual cases.

I've also phoned the ombudsman and apparently they are the only body that could deal with the complaint but it's not in their jurisdiction. So the only option left is to take it to court was hoping to try other avenues before this but have no choice.

If anyone has any different info about this it would be much appreciated.

If not no doubt I'll be back again soon for more info regarding the court route.

Thanks again for your help Sarah

Give a few more details about your complaint and we may be able to help further.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi,

I posted on Moneysavingexpert then noticed a similar thread reg ppi reclaims not in the FO's jurisdiction.

A few of them are trying the FLA, so I emailed asking if Welcome is or has ever been a member so I can make a complaint and I have just received an email asking me to fill out a complaint form to see if they can help so I am going to try that.

But knowing my luck I'll be back needing some more help so thank you again and if I need more help look out for a 2 page thread with all of my issues with Welcome. :lol: Sarah xx