Controlled Parking Zone ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone can help up but need a heads up on something. I received a parking ticket yesterday being parked literally the last car outside of the zone I was apparently parked in (my car wasn't over the line or anything like that either). There are two zones, one controlled to 11pm and the other to 6.30pm. I was in the one controlled to 6.30pm, parking after 6.30pm and receiving a ticket at 7.48pm. I have photographic evidence (not great though as it was dark and on my camera phone) showing this, but I am worried they may still try and charge me. I have drafted and will send an initial friendly letter with a copy of the ticket and the photo I took asking for them to remove the ticket, but do you think I should have some video evidence for them to review that I could take if I went back to the same location later so it was more clear the point I was trying to make? Or is it a case that they can't charge me without conclusive evidence (why I don't really see how they could have).

Any thoughts, answers or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Let's have a look at the photos.

Also scan and post both sides of the PCN (wash it of personal data first).

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Hi again,

Have attached the image. It's a bit dark and you can't make out the registration too well, but it does clearly show me being parked past the sign where the controlled times change. My friend also took a couple of shots with his camera phone which may show the reg in better quality, so I may be able to get them from him. Have also attached a scan of the ticket.

Steve

ticket.jpg

photo.jpg

The bay you parked in has a timeplate stating its in operation for permits or pay and display until 11pm I beleive which makes the PCN valid, the CPZ sign is only for bays and SYL that do not say a specific time. The bay you was in got extended last year to create a few more parking places for residents which is why it goes past the CPZ sign. I may be wrong but double check the timeplate in case it does not have a time on it.

What I should have mentioned before is that the reverse of the sign saying 8.30-6.30 in the photo says restrictions up until 11pm. There were timeplates the other side of the sign (i.e. the up to 11pm zone where I wasn't parked) for the bays stating restrictions up until 11pm for the bays, but not for the one space I was parked in. Logically, therefore, the parking bays are controlled up until 11pm in the 11pm zone, and up until 6.30pm in the until 6.30pm zone. There was no signplates for the bay I was in which was in a different CPZ to the bays that did have signplates, therefore I would say there is no specific restrictions on that bay, and therefore the bay carries the same restrictions as the CPZ it is in, i.e. only regulated until 6.30pm.

Sorry that sounded awfully defensive!! But that's the jist of the defence I think I am going to have to use if they get arsey about it. What do you think? I would argue that it's very unclear that the end space is meant to be restricted to 11pm, and therefore it is unreasonable to punish me for being in it when I was only trying to park legitimately (which I was!)

Any thoughts on that?

I appreciate your help in this matter.

Steve

Did you actually read my post at all?? :confused:

The CPZ signs do not over rule individual timeplates within the zone, DYL for example are 24 hrs, TFL Bus Stops are plated 7am to 7pm or at any time, some yellow lines in CPZs can have times different to the zone.

http://www.merton.gov.uk/pdf-w4notice.pdf

Hi again,

Thanks for looking into that for me. My point was that the timeplates were in the adjacent CPZ to where I was parked and therefore I assumed they weren't referring to where I was parked as I was technically in a different CPZ to the timeplates. Therefore I went on the time stated on the CPZ sign as there wasn't any timeplates telling me anything different for the space I was parked in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Stephen