Lloyds TSB

Jake Maverick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of an old one now as it happened to me several years ago but I thought that I would mention if only to try and give hope to you guys!!!

Had a problem with PPI rgarding some graduate loans I took out. Couldn't find a solicitor so in the end I had to face a two/ three year legal battle dragging the perpetrator through the Small Cliams Court for misrepresntation. I genuinely had about £5K worth of debt but in the end they settled out of Court for £1500- after blowing around £12K of legal fees fighting it!!!

Thing is, they didn't sort their computers out and they kept hassling me for money. So I took them to Court again and got another £1000 out of them!!!

TRUE STORY!!

Thing is though the 'opportunity cost'. Had two + years of hassle/ hard work/ kinda lost my home in the process whilst dealing with them because it was difficult to find regular job whilst dealing with so I still lost out big time if you look at this way!!!

But if you just capitulate [EDIT] they STILL implement threats agisnt you anyway. So what do you do??? ANYBODY KNOW???

Give you more detail if anyone is interested!!!

Guest louis wu
But if you just capitulate [EDIT] they STILL implement threats agisnt you anyway. So what do you do??? ANYBODY KNOW???

Give you more detail if anyone is interested!!!

I think the answer is, learn your rights, something people here have been doing, and helping each other to do, for a couple of years....with staggering success.:D

louis

OK...I'm sorry about the 'naughty word'.....is frelled alright??? ;-)

Louis- I think you're missing the point.....even if you are successful in exercising your rights it still costs a blinking fortune and is hardly worth it!!! Not only that they also retaliiated by DELETING my credit history and I have not been able to obtain credit for six years now....I'm never going to get a mortgage because the computer will always say NO!!!

Further more, I can't even get a bank account anymore which makes it impossible to work for a living and the nasty frackers won't even pay me benefits!!! Been in that situation for 2 years + now.....SERIOUSLY!!! Not a damn thing I can do about it and I would be dead if it were not for other peoples' charity!!!!

Never capitulate though!!!! Saddam did that and they just implemented the threat anyway so you may as well fight the !!!!

;-)

Guest louis wu
Louis- I think you're missing the point.....even if you are successful in exercising your rights it still costs a blinking fortune and is hardly worth it!!!

I don't know your situation, but I still maintain, learn your rights and use the system to your advantage. No naughty words required;)

Jake, I'm a little confused about this. You say they deleted your credit history? Who deleted it? Lloyds TSB can only request changes to information they have provided to the CRA's. They cannot simply delete your whole history. Also, while Lloyds TSB may not give you a mortgage due to previous dealings with them, this should not affect your credit worthiness with other lenders. If there are existing blemishes on your record, these should be removed after six years, allowing you to start over again.

Louis....the point is simply this, I DID WIN- IT WAS A DAMN HARD BATTLE BUT EVEN THOUGH I DID 'TECHNICALLY WIN' I AM NOW COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY FRELLED!!! IT COST ME ABOUT £40k IN LOST EARNINGS, I HAVE NO CREDIT HISTORY WHATSOEVER NOW, CAN NEVER GET A BANK ACCOUNT ETC.!!!

THAT IS THE POWER THOSE PEOPLE HAVE!!! THEY CAN DO IT TO ANYONE!!! IT IS ALL PERFECTLY LEGAL, ALLEGEDLY, ALTHOUGH THEY ALL REFUSE TO GIVE NAMES OR TELL YOU THE ACT OF PARLIAMENT THAT ALLOWS THEM TO DO THESE THINGS!!!

TRYING TO POST SOMETHING ELSE BUT RUNNING INTO SOME PROBLEMS- 67 PAGES LONG IN WORD BUT IF IT DOES APPEAR AND YOU HAVE THE TIME TO READ IT MAY IT EXPLAIN THINGS BETTER!!!

BEEN FIGHTING THEM FOR YEARS NOW AND YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!!

DO YOU NOT KNOW THE KIND OF COUNTRY THAT WE'RE LIVING IN NOW?????

Jake, I'm a little confused about this. You say they deleted your credit history? Who deleted it? Lloyds TSB can only request changes to information they have provided to the CRA's. They cannot simply delete your whole history. Also, while Lloyds TSB may not give you a mortgage due to previous dealings with them, this should not affect your credit worthiness with other lenders. If there are existing blemishes on your record, these should be removed after six years, allowing you to start over again.

Filthy- they can do and did precisly that!!! Deleted the whole lot!!! I was young and extremely poor at the time having just graduated University.....ALL my borrowing was with them!!! They deleted the whole lot!!! It is actually far easier to obtain credit with a bad credit history than with none whatsoever!!! When I complained to Experiean and Equifax they just linked my file up to my brother's and my parents- computer now says that I'm responsible for about half a million of debt!!!! Proabaly also explains why I had trouble finding a job as companies run credit checks on people without permission/ your knwoledge also, as I found out!!! Nobody ever enforces the Data Protection legsilation!!!!

Can't get a mortgage with no credit history whatsoever and no job now as i can't even get a bank account!!!! Being homeless doesn't help either!!!! And ignore the six year rule as the buggers don't abide by that either!!!! Always wanted to be a property rennovator so I figure the buggers have COST me at least half a million!!!!

If my other post appears (running into tech difficulties) please find time to read!!!! Been working on this for a very long time!!!!

Damned if you do damned if you don't!!!!! I say liberal democracy means what liberal democracy means!!!!