Faulty Goods Re: Tesco

essexbas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, l would welcome your thoughts and comments

Purchased a coat for my Daughter from Tesco approx. 8 weeks ago cost of the item was £25.

Took the coat back a couple of days ago claiming that the item is faulty as the inner stuffing/filling was leaking from the outside of the coat down each side (guessing where arms move the friction draws out the filling).

Was advised by the member of staff that as l haven't got the receipt as proof of purchase (their own make btw) they could only refund the shelf cost now, which is £12

I agrued this as l felt it unfair to lose half of the cost when the item is faulty. Credit given to the woman who advised me that as l knew the rough date the purchase was made they could search their records via my clubcard number.

Heard back from the store today who said they found no trace via clubcard route. I cant really recall if l did or didnt use the clubcard for that purchase (the only purchase that day in the store)

A manager today took both my debit and credit card numbers along with a couple of dates that both bank and credit card statments show purchases of that amount to check the records that way via their back office system

My fear is if they cannot find record of my purchase they may no longer offer the £12 as originally offered, although l really wouldnt be happy with that amount anyway.

Also if they were to provide a refund would it have to be in the form of a credit note seeing as the item is faulty, whih l must say they have not disputed at alll about the fault.

Thanks for reading

Proof of purchase is there to identify that a contract was made and the terms (price etc). It also proves that it was bought and not stolen (I am not suggesting this is the case!) which unfortunately does happen. There is another thread on this matter whichi si worth reading as it covers all the bits you need.

Glad to report that the issue has been happily resolved with the main credit going to the people at Clubcard. They were able to pin point the exact date and time of my purchase which then enabled the instore staff to search their back office systems which then provided my proof of purchase.

The main confusion was me! My bank statement details the transaction as taking place 3 days after the actual purchase date, so the instore staff was looking on the wrong date.

Full refund of £25 received today and my daugther now has another coat.