DPS claim after moving out please advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read. Hopefully someone will be able give me some advice.

I’m moving out from my rented flat on the 31.01 after finishing one month periodic tenancy by mutual agreement. Have a letter from the LL confirming his. The original agreement was a written 6 month AST which started on 01.07.07. What is the correct procedure to hand over the keys to the LL. Does she (LL) need to give in writing by what date she’ll return the deposit and how much? I don’t think she protected the deposit, she never gave the prescribed information regarding DPS. Didn’t have an inventory. If she gives hassle can I go to the County Court for the 3x compensation after I move out? Don't intend to do that if I get the deposit back.

Thanks again.

sorry do not know much about tenancies but isnt it law now that landlords have to use the protected deposit scheme?

hope someone else will jump in here, if you are a student or even if not, try those threads that might have something. good luck.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

I've just read this on the arla website.

What if I move put of the property before realising my deposit hasn’t been protected under one of the schemes?

You will need to apply for a court order and the court will make an order requiring the landlord to repay the deposit to you. It is in your interests to check at commencement of the tenancy that your deposit has been protected so that you avoid this situation