Advice needed Next Catalogue and debt collector

thetrav
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Many years ago my wife purchased some goods from Next via the catalouge. The bill was always paid on time etc. Eventually we got married and also moved house. We genuinally thought that we had paid all our little debts off in full to make a fresh start.

Some 2 years later and totally out of the blue we get a call from Robinson and Weay (or something like that) sayign that she didn't pay the next bill.

They are extremely rude, demanding to know where not only my wife works but how muchmoney she gets etc.... They are demanding £200 immediately and another £200 next month to clear the debt. We have offered £50 per month but they won't accept it and have now passed it onto the legal department.

I am tempted to dig our heals in due to the appalling attitude and demand to see a signed credit agreement as I am pretty sure that one will not exist.

Any advice welcome

Get those heels digging and demand that copy of the agreement (which won't exist).

If, by some miracle, it does then you can send a SAR to see where these figures have actually come from. They should provide a breakdown on request, but often the only way to get the full info is the SAR.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Get a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) done immediately.......I would definately not hand any of your hard earned money to them in the first instance as its the same as me banging on your door and saying you owe money to Joe Bloggs and then you paying up.

You need to establish whether they are entitled to collect the monies and of course if you do actually owe anything.

The cheeky so and so's good luck with it :-)

Me

A&L - Overdraft / Charges On Hold £300

Mum v's the DCA

NatWest. No CCA - For around 6 months no DCA has chased for this amount :D

MBNA. No CCA - First Court Claim :( Panicking. Just about to start the small claims

Lloyds TSB. Overdraft / Charges On Hold Waiting for test case

Sister

Halifax - No CCA. Keep getting the man and his dog chasing, again the 'go away' letter is sent :p

M&S - Have CCA. Nothing for 2 years from anyone?! :)

Argos - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

Next - No CCA or DCA involved for over 2 years now :)

4 x Others accepting token payments of £1 as CCA in place.