Statute barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I'm a new poster.

I have recieved a letter from a Debt recovery agency. I vaguely remember the account they are talking about, but it's around 10 years old, with no contact. I sent off the statutory letter from debtline.com about the debt being time barred, but they wrote back and asked me to call them so they could "discuss" the matter. I called, and was told since I moved house before 6 years passed, the time limitation does not count, and the debt is still collectable. I'm pretty sure they are just chancing their arm, so at which point will they give up? will they ever give up?

Thanks

I'm sure they wouldn't put that in writing. Don't discuss things over the phone with them. The debt is statute barred. If they continue to attempt to pursue you report them to Trading Standards.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What will they come up with next ......... Im sure that this is just a load of horse manure ... but Im not an expert so you may want to wait for someone more qualified to answer.

One thing I do know is never speak to dca's on the phone Always keep communication written :)