Jump to content

Council Tax!


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Quick help required!


A friend of mine was receiving Council Tax Benefit and has recently moved, The previous council have now contacted them to say they still owe £250 for arrears. At 1st they agreed to pay at £4 per week as they are on benefits but the council replied and stated they require £8 per week, After looking into the details with the DWP they have confirmed that my friend was receiving HB and CTB on the dates the council claim the arrears are from! Does anyone have a template of a letter they can send to dispute this amount?





The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

National Debtline England & Wales, for FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE call 0808 808 4000


you might find something here, but ask for a complete breakdown from the council from all relevant years to see exactly what has been paid etc, write to them a keep a copy for your records, councils can be quick to go to liability orders, read around the bailiffs threads as they have a lot on council tax problems, and good luck:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...