Visa Electron

ds0rco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FAQ code: 586rJKEE4

I have a Visa Electron debit card and for a very long time Barclays have allowed me to overdraw when I use it at cashpoints. I then got hit with three charges of £20 or £25 for being overdrawn (I didn't used to check my balance a lot!)

I thought it was supposed to be impossible to go overdrawn with Visa Electron, (my Alliance and Leicester card will never let me overdraw, even by a few pence).

Is Barclays pulling a [problem] on me?

Russ.

Yes, I think it is a [problem]. Around Xmas I went over my limit by £1.06 and got a charge on my account . I contacted them by phone and was told that there was a threshold for transactions under fifty pounds where supermarkets don't verify the funds are in the account hence the limit being breached. Told them I was going to take my receipt to the supermarket and get confirmation of this and they pretty quickly gave me a goodwill gesture refund. The charge left my account next day and was refunded within a couple of hours thereby triggering another letter which led to another etc, and have now been charged 9 times in 6 weeks for one withdrawn charge. Welcome to Hell!

Oh I'm so looking forward to treating Barclays Bank with sensitivity and compassion when I demand my money back... NOT

It's my chance to give them back some of the crap they've given me over the years. I may even hang up on them if they call to ask some awkward questions.

Har de har! :twisted: :D

On 10th March I handed in my DPA letter personally to a 'ghost banker' at my branch. Here's ten days later and I haven't even received an acknowledgement letter.

Is this normal? I notice some people who've sent their letters off have received a letter of acknowledgement , normally within three days.

Is it possible they may claim ignorance?

Woo hoo,

went home at lunchtime and there were two large envelopes on the rug. Just started wading through them and disappointed te see that I was a good boy for a couple of years so my claim won't be for as much as I thought :-)

Just sent my preliminary letter away claiming £1624.82. Can't wait for them to offer 50% so I can tell them to shove it!

Gonna start looking into reclaiming from Barclaycard now, although I've been good with them for a long time now, it may not be such rich pickings.

Russ.

Acknowledgement letter arrived on Wednesday. Standard 'contact you within two weeks' guff. Complaints leaflet included.

Will proceed with court claim on the 5th as per schedule.

Hee Hee Hee

Oh btw, Barclays letter was from Mike Brophy, Head of Customer Relations at the usual freepost addresss.

Here I am 8 days into my letter before action period and I haven't been offered 50% of my claim. Is anyone else in the same position?

I just know that if they decide to drag some poor unfortunate through the courts its gonna be ME!!!

.... But I'm ready for them :-)

Please don't worry, everyone thinks that (though of course we must all be prepared for that possibility).

I found just being on this forum a lot, reading other people's posts (especially from my particular bank) helped a lot and don't forget the bank will want to drag it out as long as possible -

Just stay resolved and stick to your timetable, - I got a 50% offer on the penultimate day of my LBA so really try not to worry.

You did the right thing though by posting here - this is the place where you will get the support and the encouragement.

Keep us posted on your progress :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Barclays ignored my letter.

I phoned them after 8 weeks and bo**ocked them for not replying - they, of course, claimed not to have recieved it.

I stated that I would write to the ombudsman about their lack of timely response, and would start court proceedings in the morning for recovery.

The lady went away, came back 2 mins later and said "The cheque is in the post."

2 days after I received the cheque, I recieved a letter in response to the letter that they hadn't received, stating the t&c's were fair, blah, blah and that I wouldn't be getting my money back!!??!!

Love it.

I'm going to frame the two, side by side and put them in the most important room in the house! You know which.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks