Club La Costa - sound or con?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote"

Just wanted to say that its not a very good comparison.

My Building Society won't guarantee to buy my house back, and my garage dealer won't guarantee the same either. I know in the car one, you can get some trade in, but eventually its worth only scrap if you keep it long enough by which time, you've had the use out of it for the money you paid. "

Yes but your Building So. and your garage did not promise/guarantee to buy it back like on a Timeshare presentation and if they did you could claim a miss-sale.

As for the comment from the last employee, what a load of old tosh go and get a proper job for a company that is not a cheating lieing miss-selling [problem] operation like CLUB LA COSTA:

I often see people who support club la costa/ timeshares saying that the accommodation is 5*. I found this complaint letter by a club la costa member, who booked this accommodation from the club la costa brochure with their club la costa points about a year in advance. (thanks to toprobroy and maksipup for pointing me in its direction). Thought you'd appreciate me sharing it with you.

Dear Club La Costa,

To Customer Services and to Mr Guy Mantel - we hope you will forward this to him as having met him at the members’ meeting in Birmingham he told me that customer satisfaction was paramount to CLC’s success and that feedback from members was always taken seriously

We have just returned to Glasgow from our booked week in Devon, a holiday which was spoiled at the very start by the room you allocated to us at the Devoncourt Hotel in Exmouth. There are simply not enough words to describe the complete and total failure of this facility being in any way an acceptable CLC accommodation

On arrival at the Devoncourt Hotel on the evening of Saturday 31st July we were shown to Room 12, a room which fell so far below our expectations that we had no choice but to call the Manager and refuse to take up residence.

The Manager at the Devoncourt was very apologetic and embarrassed for us - it was quickly apparent and confirmed that he had found himself in a similar position on previous occasions . Unfortunately he had no alternative rooms available and he was only able - and we gratefully accepted his offer - to try and find us some alternative and acceptable accommodation in the area He was finally able to secure for us three nights in another hotel. CLC could not be contacted and we were profoundly grateful for the assistance he gave us.

We enclose some photographs (low resolution having been taken on a mobile phone) which we hope will help you understand the state of Room 12 which was small, claustrophobic, dingy, and in a poor state of repair. In short, totally unacceptable. As for the “beach views” from the windows - one looked on to a brick wall and the other a fire escape!!

This holiday was booked back in 2009 and our room is so far adrift from the contents of page 37 in your Directory of Resorts that we feel seriously let down. This is not what we signed up for when we joined CLC and needless to say we are extremely upset, disappointed and very out of pocket having had to finance ourselves the expense in securing the alternative accommodation. Because of all the extra expenses incurred our week’s holiday turned into only a three night stay before making the long trip back home to Scotland

It was only by the actions of the Manager at the Devoncourt that the holiday was not a complete disaster. He should be congratulated. However we find ourselves out of pocket and extremely annoyed and irritated by the whole experience. We are also embarrassed to let anyone know that we are members of CLC and that you are wiling to send your members here - Heaven forbid that we might have taken guests

What steps are you going to take to address this matter? Room 12 should never be offered under any circumstances and if any other rooms you have are like this one, then the hotel should be withdrawn form your resorts immediately. We will also be placing a report of this hotel on the separate member’s website as we would not like any one else to experience the disappointment that we have

We consider that the very least you could do is to refund the points for our week in Devon.

Yours sincerely

http://i34.tinypic.com/4zt6ir.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/r79aw2.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2i1jx3c.jpg

Edited by mpython

Hi toprobroy,

could you clarify for me where ownership of a letter posted on a forum which asserts no ownership of the material posted lies? The T&Cs that seem relevant are:-

"Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. "

Which bit of the DPA am I therefore in breach of?

Are you saying the author of the letter lied about P37 of the club la costa directory?

Also, are you saying that you and maksipup never said I should join that website?

Edited by mpython
adding in DPA question

Members Guidelines & Privacy Statement

These are a reminder of what you agreed to when you registered with our Forums and details of our Privacy Statement.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service and access, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Please exercise wisdom and diplomacy where appropriate in starting or replying to any topics.

Have respect for everyones views. It doesn't mean you have to agree, sometimes you won't but aim for understanding all points and issues raised without determining to change someone's mind.

If you are an employee of, or associated to or have any connection to Club La Costa, then you are not authorised to access this forum without Express Permission of Alexanders Associates and legal action may be taken if its proven you have accessed any information on http://www.clcmembers.co.uk/forum and distributed it anywhere else. Particularly if it misrepresents any person(s), company or entity or any product proven to be associated with the info shared.

Privacy Statement For*Alexanders Associates Ltd*Corporation

Alexanders Associates Ltd*(which means Alexanders Associates Ltd plc and their associated companies) is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, telephone or other services ("Services").* In this policy we explain how and why we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it.

From time to time, we add or change functions, features or products to our Web Sites or add or change Services.* This, and our commitment to protecting the privacy of your personal information, may result in periodic changes to this Privacy Policy.* As a result, please remember to refer back to this Privacy Policy regularly to review any amendments.*

Any questions regarding our Privacy Policy should be directed to contact at Alexanders Associates Ltd at*[email protected]* or alternatively see the section "Comments" below.

Your acceptance of these Privacy Statement terms

By using any of the sites within our web site network ("Web Sites") or our Services, you unconditionally agree to be bound by this Privacy Policy.

What data do we collect and how do we use it?

Alexanders Associates Ltd*collects and processes information about you in order to:

(i) identify you each time you visit a Web Site or wish to have a Service provided;*

(ii) process orders or applications submitted by you;*

(iii) improve our Services and Web Sites*

(iv) Customise your experience, for example, provide advertisements that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches;*

(v) carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of all of our customers; and*

(vi) send you information we think you may find useful, including information about newAlexanders Associates Ltd*products and services.

You may be asked, either when you register with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.* You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences. In addition, when you order certain goods or services from our Web Sites, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date.

You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don't then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalise your experience and tailor our Services for you (for example, tell you about special offers on things you're interested in).*

Log files/IP addresses

When you visit our Web Sites, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server.* We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.* We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.

Non personal information

We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our Web Sites.* You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Web Sites. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party* sites from which it is possible to link to our Web Sites with information relating to the number of users linking to our Web Sites from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.

Use of Cookies

Cookies are pieces of information that a Web Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you.* Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that.* However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a Web Site if you do so.* Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.* Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords.* Credit card information is not stored in cookies.

We use cookies for the following reasons:*

(i) To identify who you are and to access your account information;*

(ii) To estimate our audience size and patterns;*

(iii) To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;*

(iv) To control how often visitors see similar ads;*

(v) To track preferences and to improve and update our Web Site; and*

(vi) To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.

With whom is the information shared?

Alexanders Associates Ltd*will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties.* However, we may disclose your personal information to third party suppliers who provide services on our behalf.

Alexanders Associates Ltd*may disclose aggregate statistics about our sales, our Web Site visitors and customers of our telephone services in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.

Alexanders Associates Ltd*may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Alexanders Associates Ltd and its Web Sites, visitors to the Web Sites and customers of our Services.

Our Web Site may contain links to the sites of third parties.* When you visit these sites, we suggest that you read their privacy policies.**Alexanders Associates Ltd*is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.*

We will only sell or rent your personal information to a third party either as part of a sale of the assets of a*Alexanders Associates Ltd*company or having ensured that steps have been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.

Information about products and services

It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service.* In order to help us do this, from time to time*Alexanders Associates Ltd* may send you details of our products and services which we think may be of interest to you.* If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, please e-mail us at*[email protected]

Security

Alexanders Associates Ltd*places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control.* For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. With regard to our Web Sites, we use secure server software and while we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.

Where is the information stored?

Information which you submit via our Web Sites or our telephone services is stored on a computer located in the USA.* This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you any information you have requested.* * Not all countries outside the USA have data protection or privacy laws.* In addition, if you use our Services while you are outside the USA, your information may be transferred outside the USA in order to provide you with those Services.

Comments

Please e-mail any questions, concerns or comments you have about our Privacy Policy to*[email protected]* or write to us at:

Alexanders Associates Ltd

8 Maes Rhosyn

Rhos

Swansea SA83HT

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. All information posted to the site remains the copyright of Alexanders Associates Ltd.

Thank you for confirming the extract of the T&Cs I posted was accurate.

So which bit of the T&Cs have I allegedly broken then? I can't see any breach. The material is not copyright to the website and has been openly posted without any restrictions placed upon it.

As previously asked:-

Which bit of the DPA am I therefore in breach of?

Are you saying the author of the letter lied about P37 of the club la costa directory?

Also, are you saying that you and maksipup never said I should join that website?

So which bit of the T&Cs have I allegedly broken then? I can't see any breach. The material is not copyright to the website and has been openly posted without any restrictions placed upon it.

As previously asked:-

Not the DPA, but the ownership of the data on our website.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
and
You agree, through your use of this service and access, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate,

Where you are inaccurate is that you infer that this is Club La Costa's accomodation, when it fact they don't own it. If you knew about Cession Weeks and Agreements with other sites, and if you knew more about CLC, you would know that they don't advocate that other Accommodation bookable by such arrangements, are the same as Club La Costa's resorts.

So I just wanted you and readers to be aware of this, and that perhaps you may consider correcting your info, or at least admitting that you have now been corrected. You didn't say where it was. It could be your house for all that readers know!

Well said we can never afford a holiday again due to being mis sold still waiting for Linda Myers responce

Does anyone know where this Myers Case is at for now. A lot of people have also paid non returnable money up front. I'm sure someone will liken that to a CLC Sales Person Practice, but still I wonder if there is any progress!

toprobroy, I'm sure you think you know your T&Cs and DPA but you clearly do not.

You said:

"FYI, I never "gave" you this information and image. You Stole it from a Site and are in breach of data protection. You've also mis-represented this in that it's not a Club La Costa Resort and its not in their brochure."

your T&Cs say your are not responsible for the content of any messages posted on your website, in order to claim copyright you need to have ownership, or agreement to ownership, and with ownership comes responsibility, you can't have it both ways.

you claim I am in breach of DPA then later say I'm not, thank you for this confirmation

then you confuse posting on that website and posting on other websites.

Perhaps if you could re-read my 1st post you could show me where I represent it as a club la costa resort, as opposed to a club la costa member, booking accomodation through club la costa using their club la costa points.

Have you told the letter's author that the accommodation is not in their brochure as he alleges? I look forward to you telling him off on that website as opposed to your professed support which you gave after another member said they had stayed there the year before:

"If that's the case, then CLC should know that the Members on here are aware that nothing has been done since September last year. This is why its important to share, and hold CLC Accountable to sort things out like this much sooner.

I doubt anyone on here will now book Devon Court until we receive official confirmation of a changed situation."

Storminorman, I agree with you 100 % !!!

I agree with a lot Storminorman says as well, and I'm working to try and get EU Law into place where people must get it in writing, what it is they are buying etc, when they attend these presentations.

There isn't a doubt that Sales People from CLC and other Organisations, get away with too much during the pitch. They need to be made accountable. A lot of these Products, including CLC's are actually good, but they are too expensive, and if the companies can get their Costs Controlled, they may have an Excellent Product at the right price. As things stand, there are a lot of owners of CLC Products who are happy and some who are not. No Doubt..and also for different reasons, but those that are IN need to try and get the best from it, whilst supporting the right Cost and Sales Model for the future. That's not going to happen without their support, and I know that many want that to happen, but it ain't going to be overnight.

I wish those well, who are seeking to get something back, in their shoes, I would be doing the same. But like many, I bought into part of it on Resale and have definitely had good quality holidays at the right price.

I refer to my last post. Concentrate on that please. You simply shouldn't have taken it from there and posted it here.

you claim I am in breach of DPA then later say I'm not, thank you for this confirmation

Never did. You breached the T's&C's of that Website.

I doubt anyone on here will now book Devon Court until we receive official confirmation of a changed situation.

So now you're telling me its DevonCourt and not CLub La Costa. That wasn't in your post. So maybe people do need to realise that CLC's accomodation is 5*

Why was it MSE banned you from their site toprobroy ??

Was it because of your continual threats to other members, your continual advertisements for your rip off website or your adamant defence of what IS, a COMPLETE [problem] - CLC ??

You have even started on here rambling about copyright. Seriously, take some advice before spouting utter rubbish.

I refer to my last post. Concentrate on that please. You simply shouldn't have taken it from there and posted it here.

Never did. You breached the T's&C's of that Website.

Except you said in post#204 "You Stole it from a Site and are in breach of data protection"

So now you're telling me its DevonCourt and not CLub La Costa. That wasn't in your post. So maybe people do need to realise that CLC's accomodation is 5*

As you are incapable of reading posts? I've highlight the first instance of Devoncourt Hotel in my first post - if you look closely you'll see there are 3 others, do feel free to apologise for your continued mis-representations. (If I thought you were doing it deliberately, I'd call them lies.)

Your friend maksipup now admits he's had to stay in 3* accommodation at times. is he wrong?

Also, at the risk of repeating myself,

- is the author of the letter lying when he says it was on P37 of the Directory?

- Did you & maksipup not invite me to join that website?

Good Question. To date, I don't know. I live in the hope that I find out....but as yet...NADA! I'm a little disappointed really, as it wouldn't have taken a few seconds to type a few words to tell me. I don't think they've done their own reputation any favours, but we'll have to see.

I do resent your implication that I'm rambling and spouting Rubbish. I thought we are all entitled to express our opinions?

I take it you've read what this CAG Site says:

Note: We ask all Caggers to remain vigilant for any posts which contain the following; Insulting language / swearing, threats of violence, racist comments, potentially libelous wording (i.e. the bank 'stole' my money), posts which show complete reproductions of our templated letters, advertising etc. If you are not sure, please report it and let us decide.
Edited by toprobroy

I still refer to my last post, that you shouldn't have taken the data off and posted it elsewhere, therefore you are in breach of what you accepted as the Terms of accessing that site.

Some people here will lambast CLC for its methods, for which I've already agreed in cases, but you are no better in your morals. Therefore people should know about you also, in the same way they will read what you want to write about me!

As you are incapable of reading posts?

Your friend maksipup now admits he's had to stay in 3* accommodation at times. is he wrong?

Ah mpython! there you go again with the misquotes! The 3* accommodation was, as clearly posted, in Venice where CLC have no resorts and as I said several times, not all of our timeshare time was with CLC, this booking was through RCI who we have found often orgainise exchanges which turn out to be sited in the lesser units on some resorts.

The CLC directory carries a number of alternatives resorts which they advise are not owned or managed by CLC.They review these from time to time and take those that are not keeping up to their standards out of the directory.

I did not invite you to join that website but admittedly referred to it a few times as having good balanced information for those interested in joining, an activity you obviously were not interested in.

Good Question. To date, I don't know. I live in the hope that I find out....but as yet...NADA! I'm a little disappointed really, as it wouldn't have taken a few seconds to type a few words to tell me. I don't think they've done their own reputation any favours, but we'll have to see.

As we would hate our reputation to be damaged by your departure too, I am happy to confirm for clarity that your posting privileges have been removed as a result of you making veiled threats of legal action against this website, undermining a member of the site admin team in an email that you inadvertently copied to us, spamming our site with positive reviews of a company which you clearly have a very close relationship with....and a further matter of which you are aware.

Does anyone know where this Myers Case is at for now. A lot of people have also paid non returnable money up front. I'm sure someone will liken that to a CLC Sales Person Practice, but still I wonder if there is any progress!

Last heard from Linda Myers in May they said they were hoping to get everything together for June we have filled in the form but as yet paid no money up front but are in contact by email its a waiting game :!:

In order to maintain balance, I feel that I should post the response that we have received from toprobroy to his moderation:

Ok, that's fine.

I'll get round to sending you the Website info of

www.badconsumeradicesites.com where I too, will restrict your good self and

others from replying.

Where I too will post info about what questions you did not answer, recorded

in my reasonable approach to your site, and the fact that you were unwilling

to answer a few simple questions. It would seem strange that you have the

Abuse statements looking to root out people who made insulting remarks, and

where it seems you were unwilling to enter into discussion about the matter

in which I wrote you about.

The fact that you saw what I said, doesn't mean much to me as I would have

thought you could have responded and entered into discussion. It seemed

perfectly natural that I began to think that of you, as you still hadn't

informed me that you would ask the poster in breach of our site, where he

got the information. It would have answered your question to me, one which I

had to ask you on more than one occasion.

Best Regards

Clearly this "consumer champion" is not happy that we have stopped him from posting about how good Club La Costa really is to half of its customers!

In order to maintain balance, I feel that I should post the response that we have received from toprobroy to his moderation:

Ok, that's fine.

I'll get round to sending you the Website info of

http://www.badconsumeradicesites .com where I too, will restrict your good self and

others from replying.

Where I too will post info about what questions you did not answer, recorded

in my reasonable approach to your site, and the fact that you were unwilling

to answer a few simple questions. It would seem strange that you have the

Abuse statements looking to root out people who made insulting remarks, and

where it seems you were unwilling to enter into discussion about the matter

in which I wrote you about.

The fact that you saw what I said, doesn't mean much to me as I would have

thought you could have responded and entered into discussion. It seemed

perfectly natural that I began to think that of you, as you still hadn't

informed me that you would ask the poster in breach of our site, where he

got the information. It would have answered your question to me, one which I

had to ask you on more than one occasion.

Best Regards

Clearly this "consumer champion" is not happy that we have stopped him from posting about how good Club La Costa really is to half of its customers!

I know its not fair to reply to toprobroy when he can no longer reply to me, but he did accuse me of so many things in just 1 page including breaching DPA, low morales, mis-represnting devoncourt hotel, breaking his own T&Cs and was unwilling to re-tract or apologise for these false allegations, that, if I just said that I find the email above he sent to CAG above "a bit rich" that would be just as untrue too. So Ill settle for making a few points;

There's no such website as http://www.badconsumeradicesites .com, and even if you spell" advice" correctly in the address nothing comes up.

He accuses CAG admin of failing to answer a few simple question when he failed to answer mine, and denied even making the statements that led to them.

If he wanted to know where I got the information from, why didn't he ask me rather than asking admin to ask me? & in any event, what difference would that make, when the info I had posted, he had said he had wanted "to share"?

As the psychiatrist said in a famous Fawlty Towers episode, there's more than enough material for a lifetime there.

Edited by mpython

• 2 weeks later...

We've just got back from 2 nights at their Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland, on the second morning we we're met by one of their reps who sat with us through our breakfast, then onto the sales pitch in a room where another 5/6 couples were going through the same process, over an hour of leading sales questions followed, we were then shown a lodge on the estate & a video presentation by Jennie Bond, then back to the hard sell part of the process, another hour of sales pitch followed, arrrgh just cut to the chase man !

The "deal" £3995 for a 3 years trial membership, we were told most people pay £995 & £3000 in installments of £148 a month for 3 years, that makes a total of £5328 (plus the £995) not £3000 ! whats the APR on that ?

We said no thanks, ok what about £95 deposit and £128 over 5 years, thats £7680 ! No thank you.

By the time we'd finished (over three & a half hours in total) I had a full blown migraine, if anyone told me they'd been offered a free weekend / holiday by CLC I'd tell them to stay well away. :-x

• 1 month later...

Hi patch we have just finished our 3 year trial period with clc,and in that time we stayed in some very nice places and some ordinary ones.The trial period is a very expensive way to go about things £3,700 because you still have to pay for your flights,transfers/car hire and £100 per room for accomodation.I have spoken to people who it works for and alot more where it hasnt me included,we actually signed away £10,000 for so many points in the costa del sol after a full day hard sell,luckily we cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period,thank god.We had lots of "breakfasts" to get us to sign up in all the resorts we choise to visit but not a thankyou card or email or phone call to say thank-you.So just to finish off i am not sure what sort of people benefit from this sort of scheme,cheers steve