• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Club La Costa - sound or con?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let me just add that if you were told that the offer was available for that day only and it was a lie (it is) then they are breaking Consumer Regulations.

Tell Trading Standards.

HI HAVE YOU ANY UP DATES ON CLC PLEASE WE WERE TOLD THE OFFER WAS ONLY FOR THAT DAY AND WOULD NEVER BE REPEATED.... FEEL SUCH A FOOL

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be good if people could get together over this, but there does seem a reluctance for anyone (myself included ) to give your true identity away. Some posters may be false etc. !!!!

I myself have contacted TCA and have been told that any action will come later, but how much later ?

My loan for CLC has been sold on to the usual suspects. Am keeping them at bay at the moment, but a mass action would certainly help.

Any ideas on how to get one started ? :)

Did anything come of this action group was it started if so can I join...

Anyone unhappy about their membership of Club la Costa should visit www.timeshare.org.uk/clc.html

Sandy Grey

Hi Sandy I have sent the form to Linda myers Group I also live in Nottinghamshire are there any local action groups please very worried about all this clc wish i had never heard of them

Hi Mcanney 2k,

I can see from the comments you have posted that your very worried, as are we all, i have heard nothing from linder myers or the tca, ge is still calling 2 - 3 times per day and i have still heard nothing from clc apart from normal e-mails (about offers and such).

Fingers crossed - things will hopefully start moving soon, if anyone from linder myers or sandy grey look at this site, please can you try and move things along or update us all on the situation ie. how many people have joined the group and how long they expect it to be before action is started. There is a lot of worried and scared people - i am one of them.:confused:

Hi Mcanney 2k,

I can see from the comments you have posted that your very worried, as are we all, i have heard nothing from linder myers or the tca, ge is still calling 2 - 3 times per day and i have still heard nothing from clc apart from normal e-mails (about offers and such).

Fingers crossed - things will hopefully start moving soon, if anyone from linder myers or sandy grey look at this site, please can you try and move things along or update us all on the situation ie. how many people have joined the group and how long they expect it to be before action is started. There is a lot of worried and scared people - i am one of them.:confused:

Thanks for kind words just hate the phone to ring Link called this morning told them to read my letter and then call me. what do we tell them feel like we are in limbo keep me up-dated please if you hear anything relevant...Worried....:confused:

Thanks for kind words just hate the phone to ring Link called this morning told them to read my letter and then call me. what do we tell them feel like we are in limbo keep me up-dated please if you hear anything relevant...Worried....:confused:

yes if I hear anything I will put it on here, hope everyone else will do the same.

A total con I'm afraid. I took a trial membership in October 2007 against my wife's concerns, she was against it right from word go and how I wish I had listened to her. I signed up for a trial membership and took the free holiday in February 2008 in the Costa Del Sol. The accommodation was fantastic but the resort was quite away from the main attractions of the main resorts in Fenguirola etc so you are a captive audience as far as going out to eat is concerned you have to hire a car to take you to the town. They then take you out for lunch and try to pursuade you to take on a full membership and the pressure is intense, thank goodness this time I did listen to my wife and we didnt go ahead with it.

Since then we have have only managed to take one holiday in November 2009 due to work pressure etc. We went to a Club La Costa in Tenerife and once again the booking was a nightmare as we couldnt get the complex we wanted, so we gave up in the end and went with the Golf De Sur. It was ok but the accommodation was no where near as nice as the free holiday obviiously they give you the best to start with to draw you in. Again it was in the middle of nowhere and we had to hire a car to get out and about.

We are now at the end of our trial membership it cost us £4000 for one holiday and I have learnt a big lesson. We started in January this year to book up a holiday for ourselves and wanted to give 1 week away to our daughter and son in law, to say this was a mission wasnt in it. My daughter and son in law wanted to take a holiday in the UK for one week in July and the only thing they came up with after weeks of emails was a canal holiday in Bedford at a cost of £300 which is a total insult after paying £4000 for the trial membership. We only have until 27th July to take the 5 weeks holiday we have, they have no resorts other than the costa del sol ( been there), Tenerife (been there). We tried to get a holiday in Portugal and it has taken us 10 week to get one in June at an alternative resort to the one we wanted.

Club La Costa, my advice is give it the biggest wide birth possible. Dont make the same mistake I made. They offered fabulous holidays, with fantiastic accommodation, it is total and utter lies. We are a very hard working couple and whent hs was missold to us, as I now realise it was, we make it quite clear that we cant make holiday arrangements years in advance, now after having a long converation with them they have told me that it can only work if you book 12 months in advance and on top of that if you like going to the same resorts over and over and over again. The RCI seems to be the same, when we try for an alternative the dates arent available. I have learned a long hard lesson, I will never ever go into a time share again, thank goodness I only have a trial membership with them. It has cost me £4000 for a one week holiday in Tenerife in November and I have just managed to book a one week holiday in Portugal with them in June 2010, but again not at the resort I wanted its another downgraded place. Rip Off I should say so with very big capital letters. Dont touch Club La Costa with a barge pole, be strong and say no no no no no.......................

A total con I'm afraid. I took a trial membership in October 2007 against my wife's concerns, she was against it right from word go and how I wish I had listened to her. I signed up for a trial membership and took the free holiday in February 2008 in the Costa Del Sol. The accommodation was fantastic but the resort was quite away from the main attractions of the main resorts in Fenguirola etc so you are a captive audience as far as going out to eat is concerned you have to hire a car to take you to the town. They then take you out for lunch and try to pursuade you to take on a full membership and the pressure is intense, thank goodness this time I did listen to my wife and we didnt go ahead with it.

Since then we have have only managed to take one holiday in November 2009 due to work pressure etc. We went to a Club La Costa in Tenerife and once again the booking was a nightmare as we couldnt get the complex we wanted, so we gave up in the end and went with the Golf De Sur. It was ok but the accommodation was no where near as nice as the free holiday obviiously they give you the best to start with to draw you in. Again it was in the middle of nowhere and we had to hire a car to get out and about.

We are now at the end of our trial membership it cost us £4000 for one holiday and I have learnt a big lesson. We started in January this year to book up a holiday for ourselves and wanted to give 1 week away to our daughter and son in law, to say this was a mission wasnt in it. My daughter and son in law wanted to take a holiday in the UK for one week in July and the only thing they came up with after weeks of emails was a canal holiday in Bedford at a cost of £300 which is a total insult after paying £4000 for the trial membership. We only have until 27th July to take the 5 weeks holiday we have, they have no resorts other than the costa del sol ( been there), Tenerife (been there). We tried to get a holiday in Portugal and it has taken us 10 week to get one in June at an alternative resort to the one we wanted.

Club La Costa, my advice is give it the biggest wide birth possible. Dont make the same mistake I made. They offered fabulous holidays, with fantiastic accommodation, it is total and utter lies. We are a very hard working couple and whent hs was missold to us, as I now realise it was, we make it quite clear that we cant make holiday arrangements years in advance, now after having a long converation with them they have told me that it can only work if you book 12 months in advance and on top of that if you like going to the same resorts over and over and over again. The RCI seems to be the same, when we try for an alternative the dates arent available. I have learned a long hard lesson, I will never ever go into a time share again, thank goodness I only have a trial membership with them. It has cost me £4000 for a one week holiday in Tenerife in November and I have just managed to book a one week holiday in Portugal with them in June 2010, but again not at the resort I wanted its another downgraded place. Rip Off I should say so with very big capital letters. Dont touch Club La Costa with a barge pole, be strong and say no no no no no.......................

I think we all wish we had your wife with us at the time..A Wise woman..... your lucky you only went as far as the trial we upgraded twice just hope something will come out of the linda myers group action soon .

yes if I hear anything I will put it on here, hope everyone else will do the same.

Hi just had a call from Link after they have received the letters etc she said it was a legal binding agreement and nothing we could do about it really need some contact from Linda Myers have you heard anything yet ??

** commercial link removed ** this is there web adres just emailed to see if we can get an update maybe everyone could do the same asked for them to communicate with us ........hold your breath

Hi Sandy have you got any up-dates on the action group heard nothing as yet..... sorry but i'm worried as everyone is ....

Hi Mcanney2k,

No I haven't heard anything yet, just had another letter from ge money saying if we don't pay the months we have missed then the whole balance will become due. I am just watching this site and waiting like you i'm afraid.I will e-mail linder myers as you suggested though.

• 2 weeks later...

HI WATCHERS WROTE TO JENNY BOND REGARDING CLC HER REPLY AS FOLLOWS ........................I'm sorry to hear you are so unhappy with CLC. I have just returned from CLC Tenerife and found all the clients delighted with the product.

I have passed your letter on to CLC headquaters and do hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.. Best wishes Jenny Bond

This is my update where do we go from here did get an email from Linder Myers saying that they will hope to have things prepared for June what we do in the meantime I do not know. can anyone reply with updated news please.

Jenny Bond isn't going to do anything other than that. She's actually right that there are happy owners. My site has proven that, but yes..there are unhappy people, each with different stories some of which are the same and where proven that the law has been broken, then the CLC will have to stand up and be counted. I have quite a bit of dialogue with them nowadays, and there is a seemingly willingness to accept that they could do better, and want to do better but as yet there are no known illegalities. We know from chatting to our owners that many of them are told the wrong things at the Sales Pitch, and we're working with CLC to help eradicate that. Hard Core evidence is what is needed in any circumstance, and I always encourage people to get that. I'm sure Sandy will update people on this soon, but I do believe that he's going to put a date on it soon of around the end of June, although people may still be able to apply to join the group. They will need to find out who can be eligible under Law, and Linda Myers Group are the ones to ascertain that.

Jenny Bond isn't going to do anything other than that. She's actually right that there are happy owners. My site has proven that, but yes..there are unhappy people, each with different stories some of which are the same and where proven that the law has been broken, then the CLC will have to stand up and be counted. I have quite a bit of dialogue with them nowadays, and there is a seemingly willingness to accept that they could do better, and want to do better but as yet there are no known illegalities. We know from chatting to our owners that many of them are told the wrong things at the Sales Pitch, and we're working with CLC to help eradicate that. Hard Core evidence is what is needed in any circumstance, and I always encourage people to get that. I'm sure Sandy will update people on this soon, but I do believe that he's going to put a date on it soon of around the end of June, although people may still be able to apply to join the group. They will need to find out who can be eligible under Law, and Linda Myers Group are the ones to ascertain that.

Thanks for the reply yes just spoke with Sandy and you are correct with all the above the Sales Pitch is so exhasting you would sign anything just to get free and enjoy the Holiday. I wish we had never heard of CLC and the romance of the prelude may never afford a holiday again and I know we are not alone.

Thanks for the reply yes just spoke with Sandy and you are correct with all the above the Sales Pitch is so exhasting you would sign anything just to get free and enjoy the Holiday. I wish we had never heard of CLC and the romance of the prelude may never afford a holiday again and I know we are not alone.

Hi MCanney2K, no you're not alone. I'm in the same boat and dead worried. CLC was the worst mistake of my life and I also do wish I never heard of them. Haven't heard from Linder Myers or TCA, good to see here that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to more updates.

Hi MCanney2K, no you're not alone. I'm in the same boat and dead worried. CLC was the worst mistake of my life and I also do wish I never heard of them. Haven't heard from Linder Myers or TCA, good to see here that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to more updates.

Hi all,

yes we're feeling the same too, good news to hear linder myers are hoping to get something started. We've been in this for a long time now and we too are hoping there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

I know many people, with good reason, have bad experiences of Club La Costa, but its important I believe, that balance is important. I have many comments from many people...Happy with their ownership. So having said that, I'd also like to share with you, that Club La Costa has posted to its Members on its own site, the following Message! :

Always a good time to listen

Club La Costa has always prided itself on being a leader in the development of Private Member Clubs in the Holiday Ownership industry and continues to provide a selection of leading edge holiday products.

Communication is a key element to understand fully the opinions of the varied memberships, to help support and further develop their holiday ownership.

We already review extensively our existing communication sources, the 100,000+ yearly contacts to Members Services, the various Clubs’ Committee Meetings & Board meetings and their AGMs and the other Member contact points across the organisation such as our Receptions, Club La Costa websites, CLC Travel, Central Reservations, to gauge member opinion.

And in the age of electronic communications Club La Costa has recognised an emerging requirement to spend more time and energy in developing co-operation with web based forums across the whole Membership base.

We are not looking to impact on the independency of these forum sites but to work with them to the mutual benefit of our members.

The first of hopefully many interactions has been with the CLC Members.co.uk website, which has been an independent member based website since 2005, run and managed by Robert Alexander. Over the last few months we have been in discussion with Robert on the possible avenues to improve communications to our members, and to also look at increasing methods of the interchange of information.

We are also pleased to confirm that as a direct result of these discussions a representative of Club La Costa was invited and attended the recent meeting of http://www.CLCMembers.co.uk in Birmingham, UK.

The meeting was attended by Guy Mantel, Director Club Operations & Travel who was invited to discuss the various enquiries and issues that were raised from the Club La Costa members attending and expand on the new initiative. There was a full and healthy discussion across the multitude of points raised and this was followed up by some further individual discussions after the presentation. Since the meeting we have already seen some fruit borne in the provision of additional information to Club La Costa websites.

Over the next period we will be looking to develop further both the levels of communication and interaction with CLC Members.co.uk as well as other similar recognised members’ forum websites across the various nationalities and languages of our memberships.

It is always a good time to listen…..

Many members on our site are now saying that this is a Landmark and big step in the right direction. THere is a way to go, but the fact that CLC are willing to announce and point to a site with Member Opinion, good and bad, is a major step forward.

We've all got thoughts on why they are doing this now, and however positive or negative that thought, it has to be said its quite a courageous move and a sign of the times. We as Members/Owners of CLC Products are hopeful of a better future and that we can effect change in the way the product is sold, avoiding many of the situations that consumers here have obviously experienced.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, yet another person caught by club la costa. Cost us a small fortune for something we could never afford to use because we were paying to much on maintenace fees. Have now having to engage the services of a solicitor to fight them off!!Also got stung by Club class holdings who said they could take over our points, has any one heard of them?

Like lambs to the slauter......

Yes, I was caught by Club Class years ago, which is why I spent years researching Club La Costa, as I was already in that. I managed to get out of that because I used my Credit Card. And if I'm caught, as you say, because I'm an owner, then its a fair cop. I have 3,400 other people caught also on my website, which grows regularly over the last 6 years. Some are not happy, some are, and they all have their different reasons and all their circumstances are different. I am sure of one thing in all of that, and it is that their methods of selling need to change, and thats what I want to change. The crux of it is that I believe a Written statement/quote together with the cool of period is required, when they have their pitch. I've been on around 25+ holidays with CLC now and all have been worthwhile, particularly as I know how to get the best out of my product and also because I bought it at the right price, through Resale. I wouldn't do it direct and many of our members sell theirs to new and first time buyers at a fraction of the cost, including in some cases for FREE...but still Transfer Fees need to be paid.

So I only have this to say in conclusion. Balance in all things....it suits some but not all!:)

I think what sums it all this week about Club La Costa, is the fact that JENNY BOND has refused to comment on the fact that her own TV programme has received hundreds of complaints regarding Club La Costa sales miss-selling, especially when she promotes them

So bang goes toproboys theory that he is trying to change their miss-selling from within as he stated earlier that he has been doing this for 6 years, even a bad government only gets 4/5 years.

Which is why CLC should pay back all the money to ALL the clients that they have lied to cheated and stolen from, EVEN IF THAT MEANS THEY GO UNDER, if they go under they cant rob any more people.

Hmmm..Interesting theory. What members on our site are saying..is also interesting. There is no record on the Mirror Article, which is about Standards as well, to say where the resort was that a Complaint was received. Members have hardly ever criticised CLC for its Standards. Please be assured, and I've said it before, I agree about the Mis-Selling and we want to CLC to change their methods and take accountability for their Sales Staff. But I'm really curious why newspapers only sensationalise to make it newsworthy. The article in the Daily Mirror, mentioning Jenny Bond isn't about Mis-Selling. Yes its partly about the Sales Pressure and again we agree thats wrong, but the article is about standards. Having commented my views at the article, there is no response from the Daily Mirror. I have recorded on my site a more than 50% Happy Customers as said before. Who's accounting for them. Where is the news article. I'm only sharing facts, but not with any imbalance, as some seem to have!

Please note, I've not said that CLC are trying to change their Mis-Selling , I've stated that we as a group want to get them to change it. Dialogue is there and it won't happen overnight, but we are all in agreement, it needs to change! We've only just had them tell their own Owners about us, so give us a chance. At least we're trying!

Edited by toprobroy