• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Club La Costa - sound or con?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Riverdoe,

You are totally correct when you say that they want their cake and eat it, unfortunatly C.L.C timeshare products have very little, if any resale value, there are a lot of owners trying to sell C.L.C points on other forum sites for less than the yearly maintenance fees, so as far as them reposessing after 2 years, I would not count on it, why would they reposess something that they have plenty of, if you became a thorn in their side, then that maybe a different story.

Legal avenues are a possible way forward, as long as they are with fully registered lawyers with a thorough understanding of timeshare and the country of where you purchased and are not instigated from cold calling, but caution should be used.

As I said before its a shame that their seem to be so many in the same boat as yourself, and the company in question will not even answer to the problems created by their own sales people.

I wonder if Jenny Bond (Queen of the jungle) will comment on the timeshare mis-selling of C.L.C especially as she was once in their trial 3 year promotional videos and now has been working for Ripoff Britain, perhaps Riverdoe you should write to her.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My other point is if you do not pay the maintenance fees for 2 years they will repossess even if you still owe GE or other companies.

You have to remember, you didn't purchase an Asset, but it was likely you weren't really informed of that at the time of purchase. What you take the loan out for, should be important to the Finance Company and IMHO, THEY should have realised it before loaning it to you. THere should be something in Law where Finance Companies should be informing people that there is no Asset Value to what their clients are buying, and then of course if you still want to choose, then you do.

This is why some people, I think, pursue the Finance Company, but I'm not a Lawyer, so I can't say 100%.

I wonder if Jenny Bond (Queen of the jungle) will comment on the timeshare mis-selling of C.L.C especially as she was once in their trial 3 year promotional videos and now has been working for Ripoff Britain, perhaps Riverdoe you should write to her.

One of our Members has written to her a number of times, but she declines to comment!

One of our Members has written to her a number of times, but she declines to comment!

Hi Toprobroy,

I have listed below the details of Mrs Bonds agent, who I believe has been under the employment of Club La Costa and the BBC.

I have emailed Mrs Bonds agent today and those of the other presenters in the BBC programme ripoff Britain to see if they would like to either investigate Club La Costa timeshare mis-selling claims as ther could be many thousands of mis-sold clients or could they give me an insight into the credentials of one of their presenters, especially when they or have been under the payroll of a timeshare company.

Lets see what I get back.

I will post all the replies I receive.

Jennie Bond Agent Address Information:

Knight Ayton Management

(Talent Management Company)

114 St. Martin's Lane

London WC2N 4BE

If you google Jennie Bond you can get full contact details of the agent.

Ok. Sounds Good to me. I have to be a bit cautious right now as I'm working with CLC to build relationships. The Proof of Miss-Selling is what is required before you get their attention. Thats the hardest bit. I'm also a Member Elected Director of an Old Product of |CLC's. We know that half of our Subscribing Members are happy with the product as well. Many of them buy on Resale, so they are only paying £1k-£3k for ownership and thats probably why a lot are happy. Doesn't mean that all is rosy, and the same applies with other Clubs, as I know other people who are owners. As said before, we must start with today and the future, the reasons I've already stated. However, any input is welcome as I plan to take that to CLC...including any proven response from JB! Ciao

Hi all

just wondering, has anyone stopped paying CLC management / maintenance fee and is now being chased and threatened with legal action by Ashfords solicitors ?

Are you all fighting with CLC and the bank yoursevels or have you got solicitor to deal with this mess for you ?

thanks a lot

Hi Majka,

we have stopped paying clc, but luckily haven't been sent any communication from clc or anyone representing them. We are still waiting for Linder Myers Solicitors to come back to us, the group action being taken through the timeshare org. So our hopes are resting here for the moment.

Hi all

just wondering, has anyone stopped paying CLC management / maintenance fee and is now being chased and threatened with legal action by Ashfords solicitors ?

Are you all fighting with CLC and the bank yoursevels or have you got solicitor to deal with this mess for you ?

thanks a lot

Hi Majika we have just missed the fees for this year we had agreed some payment terms and i missed the first payment after reading how many others were really fed up and feel conned by clc .less than 3 days and we got a letter from ashfords are they the real deal or are they affilited to clc???

Hi Majika we have just missed the fees for this year we had agreed some payment terms and i missed the first payment after reading how many others were really fed up and feel conned by clc .less than 3 days and we got a letter from ashfords are they the real deal or are they affilited to clc???

hi,

have you sent the misrepresentation letter to clc yet?

i have sent a letter asking them to buy back my points and a bit more am going to contact the timeshare group everyone is talking about as well .I feel we have been dragged into something we have no control over and its cost us a lot of money and we have nothing to show for it . What have you done ??????

Hi,

Upto now we have sent misrepresentation letters to clc and ge money, have contacted the tca people(sandy grey) and have stopped paying clc and ge, we too feel that we have been dragged into this, and also paid loads of money with nothing to show, like you, they told us so many things that were not true, but you don't think at the time that they are telling you complete rubbish, we were definately mis-sold. Now its just proving it, which we hope this group will do. Fingers crossed.

we are now getting all the threatening letters and fees for this and fees for that just waiting now for the dept to be sold on .not sure weather to join the court action are we gonna be stung yet again as they are asking for an up front fee .According to Sandy Grey from the tca there are approx 1000 people going to court so the lawyers will make almost £250000 before it goes to court . Just confused as to what to do for the best

yes am also worried about losing yet more money ie £235 just thinking im throwing more money away but is there safety in numbers and i guess if there are hundreds of us there must be a good case HOPEFULLY !!

Hi Nosh56,

Yes I agree, it is a worrying time, but what choice do we have, if club la costa were such a reputable company, why aren't they trying to sort out all of these unhappy customers. If we dont join this big group then we are back were we started, its a bit like choosing the lesser of two evils, hopefully we will come out of this relatively unscathed if we stick together.

I am now in agreement with all the above solana/nosh56 etc I have been holding back for much the same reasons, but think yes there is safety in numbers clc are a strong company we must stick together, if we do nothing. I know I will never be able to afford a holiday ever again our management fees are £2000 a year then the loan to GE £500 per month which they say they have now sold to Link the statement we have just had from GE is more than the original amount borrowed... why did we sit in the sun thinking this was a good idea maybe it was the drink maybe it was that the offer was a one time thing never to be available again, now I really don't know what we were thinking, but I do know there were many promises that will never be fulfilled...I am going ahead with the mass as I feel doing nothing will achieve Nothing....... we were shaffted as were most of you....Good Luck Everyone..... we will need it.... but we will stick together.

Hi mcanney2k,

I think we are all going in the only direction we can go, lets hope it has a good result, at least you know that your not on your own, I don't know about you but I don't know who to trust, or who is legit and who is working for or affiliated with clc. For all us genuine victims, i hope we do manage to beat clc, maybe they will then re-think their sales tactics.

Hi Patch1966

not sure about ashfords, i checked their website and it looks like a real deal, but who knows what the true is, don't really know whom to trust now ! they said in their letter that if i don't pay within 14 days the court action will commence without further notice .. sitting and waiting.

I am really worried and I think we should all join the TCA action group. I am too as all here, reluctant about paying the fee upfront, but I think i'd rather take this risk and at least have some hope which the number of claimants give me. I will not be able to afford to fight on my own with my own lawyer, so am afraidthe TCA action looks like the way to go. Good luck everyone !

Hi All

Just thought some of you might be interested in what I got today. I wrote to Club La Costa i December saying how unhappy we were with our membership, that we thought we had been misold the product, that we were intedning to pursue a class action and that we wanted to surrender our memberhsip etc. Heard nothing. Recieved the maintenance bill in Dec. and paid nothing. Recieved threatening letter fro Ashford and CLC. Wrote to them to tell them (again) that we had had no reply to our letter in Dec. weren't going to pay etc. This morning got two letters from CLC. The first supposedly answering the various issues we raised but basically saying you,ve for 7 days to pay or esle....the second saying they had taken our concerns to the Board and were not pursuing us for fees and that membership was cancelled! A result! I have finally got rid of this useless, expesive, mis sold, mis represented piece of garbage. Its been a very expensice lesson! Fortunatley I was able to pay off GE money about 12 months ago froma bit of a windfall so now owe NOTHING! But reckon its cost me the best part of £30,000 for 2 holidays in 7 years! Now looking forward to being able to afford to go where I want, when I want! Good luck to you all!

You should all pay the 235 quid, as some action is better than no action, but you should also know that the TCA has never won, brought before the courts nor advised any owners action group to a successful conclusion, in the last 7 years, and even though 235 quid is not a lot of money, it is when 2000 pay.

The only true timeshare advice out there, is what you will get from your own lawyer, there is no independant timeshare advice out there, ALL timeshare related companies are linked somewhere.

This site has many

You are so lucky to have come out of this smiling costly but I can imagin how relieved you are well done...just had a call from Link told me if we don't pay them 34000 the loan will end up costing us 78000 nice people.