Going for Egg again

sharmal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got all the information last year to sue egg and they defaulted my account for having the cheek to do so. This sort of snowballed and ended up being defaulted on three accounts. They are now with Debt Angel. Have not been on here for a while but have decided to take on Egg again and also Capital One because I did not bother with them also. I had originally felt a bit blown about by these companies and their bullying tactics but need to take them on and make a point.

Can I still take Egg on even though they passed my account to Collection Agency.

Yes, penalty charges are reclaimable from Egg in Derby, not from debt collecting agencies.

If you have the itemised unlawful charges then reclaim them now asap using andrew_nwide's template letter in the first instance, like send off said letter yesterday. Legal paperwork as the next resort if Egg will not play ball.

The latest 2 winners listed in V-E Day thread show Egg to be in a surprisingly co-operative mood right now, as of last week (payment within 7 days). But with the Test Case ongoing in the High Court there is no telling what bombshell might be dropped any day to affect Egg management's thinking.

As for reclaiming the interest accrued on your unlawful charges, that's up to to you. If that causes Egg to dig their heels in, then the longer it drags on, the more uncertainties. No harm asking for interest refund. Items which Egg will not concede, they will generally make you a lower offer excluding them, which you could later accept or reject, assessing the risk.

Bear in mind that current charge reclaims are being aimed at 100% refund. Following the test case verdict in a few weeks I suspect there will be no more 100% refunds, e.g. if a fair charge were adjudged in court, completely hypothetically at £10, then reclaiming for a £16 charge might result in only £6 refunded -- I suspect. Such a verdict would apply to bank penalty charges, not cards. However card managements may see that as the way forward, and adjust their own refund policy accordingly.

So, pros and cons, bird in the bush versus bird in the hand.... smilie.gif

Good luck.