section 21 / rent arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

my partner and i started a 6 month tenancy in July 2007. we quicky realised we were out of our depth and accumlated over £1000 in rental arrears. OUr landlord filed cout charges which have since been dropped for claiming the arrears as we are now in reciept of housing benefit which has cleared our arrears.

However, our tenancy finished on the 6th january of this year but we have not recieved a possesion order. i was wondering what action he would now take?

also i dont think he has placed our deposit in a scheme and was wondering what we can do about this.

many thanks.

I must admit to not knowing what you are really asking. If he has not received a possession order, then he cannot do anything without obtaining this order. It may be that now that there are no arrears, he will not be seeking eviction.

With regards the deposit, if he has not placed it in a scheme you are entitled to three times the deposit as compensation. There are plenty of posts on this, I suggest you read some of the stickies for more info.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!