Hillesdan Securities & wanting an appointment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I'm a newby and finding your site full of useful info. I just wanted to ask a few questions if that's ok:

1. Can this company just turn up on my doorstep or do they by law have to make an appointment?

2. Shall i write to Direct Legal and ask them for my CCA before doing anything else? (i have read your threads and have downloaded your letters to send, so many thanks for that).

3. If they don't respond withing the alloted time what does this mean in real terms, can they enforce the debt or what happens?

I'll leave it at that for now and if anyone can give me any info i would be really grateful.

Just for your info if it helps...the debt is in my husbands name who has since left us and moved to Canada but i am trying to sort out his debts for him (not pay them of course), but he is still paying the mortgage on our house so its give and take both ways. He wants it sorted in case he ever comes back so i said i would try and sort something out for him, or could i just say he's not in the country anymore so bog off!! Would there be anything they could do. The debts in question are credit card debts.

Cheers

fed up with muppets (thats the muppets you deal with on the phone these days!):rolleyes:

1. Can this company just turn up on my doorstep or do they by law have to make an appointment?

2. Shall i write to Direct Legal and ask them for my CCA before doing anything else? (i have read your threads and have downloaded your letters to send, so many thanks for that).

3. If they don't respond withing the alloted time what does this mean in real terms, can they enforce the debt or what happens?

1...They can just turn up but you are under no obligation to let them in or say anything & you are under no obligation to abide by any appointment requests (torn up & in the bin springs to mind)

2...yes

3...Means they are in "default" & questions can be raised of their legitamacy to collect the debt.

Has anyone got any info on the last bit of my questions regarding the debts being in my husbands name and him not being in the country anymore...is there anything they can do? I wouldn't have thought so as he is the account holder...anybody got any more ideas...they would be much appreciated.:?