need advice re enhanced crb checks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

to be totally honest with you the fact you are or have been ill with mental health should be neither here nor there...the only thing that should show up on an ecrb disclosure is Criminal convictions...it isnt nor never was meant to be a health report

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right i think i see where you are coming from now i have my ecrb in front of me here and the entries are

police records of conviction cautions reprimands warnings

none

dept of education and skills info

none

department of health info

none

other relevant info

none

now that is what mine says..now i assume you are talking about the entry labelled department of health info...is that correct??

MY CRB said at first things like he was going to walk into the sea when i was going to get fresh air by the sea when i collapsed and needed help. The police were informed i argued by letter that the person helping me was misinformed. The CRB was then revised he has mental health issues. I went to hospital and was cured then CRB came for a foster parents job which i had not aplied for, i filled in a form to say and i was eligable to look after a foster child if the fosterer was away. It was approved but no longer. So the cops got that wrong! The local mental health team wrote to the fosterer i cant look after fostering children anymore, sided with caution for review in 5 years. When this happens you feel useless but i am educated have degrees and diplomas, and because of this and how easy things are put on the CRB by word of mouth no evidence that mental health will go against you for every job you apply for. I feel like a fugitive for an illness that happened, and i have only been ill with it twice in 47 years for a short period of time

i do feel for you...the problem is, is how you are going to proceed from here on in..if you feel..and i can see by your post that you do..that information given on the crb is incorrect then there should be a procedure whereby you can refute this give me a couple of minutes and i will have a look around and see which way you could possibly go from here

Anyone who has incorrect information about them on a CRB check is able to appeal to the CRB with nine out of 10 of these cases resolved within three weeks.

Hundreds of innocent people 'wrongly branded criminals', by CRB checks - Telegraph

above is link and extract from article..it would seem you are not the only person with this sort of problem..i suggest you start appeal process in order to have the information removed from your crb

The CRB has a disputes process which enables a person to challenge the accuracy or relevance of any information contained on his/her Disclosure.

You are also free to write to the Chief Constable of the police force concerned requesting that the information be amended or deleted. However, it is entirely up to the Chief Constable to decide whether the circumstances are exceptional enough to warrant an amendment or deletion. The CRB does not play any part in such decisions and nor do Ministers.

a little more research on the crb website brings up this little nugget of worrying information..it seems you can apply to have it removed..but and it appears to be a but..that if the chief constable doesnt agree it can stay on your record...this is absolutely child protection gone mad... i always new this bl**dy thing was a bad idea..a knee jerk reaction like every other government policy...it happens..then they react...bit like shutting the stable door after horse has bolted reaction

Yes i did refute it my family wrote a couple of letters refuting the evidence and it was withdrawn to he has mental health issues. Funnily enough i applied for a job with naughty kids in homes my CRB was clean but i did not take up the position that was due to the employers not giving me a clear date to start when i got the job so i lost interest, now i would not apply for such jobs.

what my CRB says now is """""""" It came to notice in 2009 when concerns where raised by his family and hospital representatives about his mental well being. that is on my ECRB which afeter letters this was the outcome. I was missing for just 1 hour at the time before my admittance to hospital

I hate the system that can put lies into a CRB but this outcome is true but i am no criminal there cant be justice here

• 4 months later...

Hi seen this thread was wondering if somone would help me out .

I got offered a job maintenance officer at a school and just under a week later recieved a letter saying one of my references was neagative ? Being one of my references who knows me didn't get chance to finnish and send his form of to the school and the other reference did which i know was very good now the letter stating saying i have to withdraw your job offer ?

My mum was a childminder and i thought i had relevent checks before she could be a child minder.

All i can think of was when i was arrested in 1995/96 having marijuana with a freind and got of with a caution this was nearly 15 year ago.

havent been arrested or anything since .

Would this come up on my enhanced crb check.

All i can think of was when i was arrested in 1995/96 having marijuana with a freind and got of with a caution this was nearly 15 year ago.

havent been arrested or anything since .

Would this come up on my enhanced crb check.

Almost certainly. The caution will stay on your record indefinitely, and will be part of both a standard and enhanced disclosure.

Information provided on a CRB is there for the potential employer to decide whether it is or isn't relevant to the position being applied for. Sadly for you, in this case it would appear that the employer decided it was enough to withdraw the offer.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Almost certainly. The caution will stay on your record indefinitely, and will be part of both a standard and enhanced disclosure.

Information provided on a CRB is there for the potential employer to decide whether it is or isn't relevant to the position being applied for. Sadly for you, in this case it would appear that the employer decided it was enough to withdraw the offer.

Hi thanks for reply

I have had one disclosure before come back clean this was years after the arrest don't think it was an enhanced one thou would the crb enhanced one make that a difference