Default entered on credit record help

Boon72

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive just got my free report from Credit Expert and there is an entry on it from Barclays about a loan whilst i was staff, my question is can they do this ?

ive contested the loan with both Barclays & several DCA's as i was never a customer and never signed an agreement. i was under the impression that to enter a default on to my record they would need to go to court?

thanks in advance :D

No they do not need to go to court to slap a default on your credit file. It is only when they do a CCJ that it goes to court. They should of informed you prior to them putting a defualt notice on your credit file though, eg a letter that states "you owe £x and if you do not pay you will be in default and therefore a notice of such default will be placed on your credit file"(or something like that). From your post above it looks to me that you never had a loan with Barclays. Is this correct?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

i had a loan while i was staff but after they made me redundant they said the loan couldnt stay as staff and i would have to get a customer loan to pay it back(staff rate was 6% and customer was 6.5% or something simular) but when i went into the branch they said even though i had an account with them from 2001 (this was now 2005/2006) i hadnt really existed as a customer so i would be treated as a new one with no record with them and they offered me a rate of 14.9%, this was not acceptable to me so i didnt take it and staffloans said i could keep it there as i wasnt working at the time either.

so it stayed there until they sent it to a DCA (as i had not paid anything on it due to the fact due to never signing any agreement i challanged the validity the same as the other illegal credit agreements / bank charges )

i challenged the DCA's to produce a CCA of which they cant as there never was one, i even have a letter from Barclays saying so.

so as far as im concered it never existed.

thanks for reading :)

not any more, the last one wrote to me after i asked for a CCA (sending copies for the requests from the others and the letters from Barclays) saying they were no longer pursuing the request.

I would write to Barclays and ask them to remove the default from your credit file as you did not sign an agreement to allow them to place this default on your file.

The definition of default is basically:-

A Default notice is simply a record placed on your file by creditors stating that you have been in default in some way. Such notices may have been placed without your knowledge and despite a subsequent remedy to the default.

Under the terms of your credit agreement you will probably have agreed that the lender has the right to inform the credit agencies of any default.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D