Damaged Matsui Fridge Freezer **SORTED**

MattCufc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well been into the Store yesterday at 5pm.

Spoke to the Store Manager. He took all the particulars down, and I showed him on their in store Fridge Freezer where the damage was.

He said that he would need to consult with the Repair Centre and get back to me tomorrow (which is now today).

He has rang me back and has been in contact with the Repair Centre.

He said that he needs me to provide him with the Serial number from the Fridge and that I am to ring him back with that. He said at this stage it looks like a replacement will be possible.

I'm currently at work so can't get the serial number to him till tomorrow.

I have to ring him after 12pm tomorrow when he is in and he'll take it from there.

Manager has rang me back.

The Repair Centre will not offer an exchange!

He has now taken it to the Escalations Department who will make a final decision.

Said he should get back to me on Monday.

The saga continues....

In the meantime, inform Trading Standards of this. I always thought it was the store manager who got final say. why he would say no and then expect his boss or whoever to disagree with him is beyond me (unless it is to show that some system is being followed in some attempt to absolve themsleves from further action).

I'll do that gyzmo, if anything just to give them an update of the situation.

The impression I get from the way he is talking is that he's contacting the various departments to try and get the matter sorted. He is not making any sort of decision himself. Whether he can over rule the other departments I've no idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a long time but here is an update……...

Well do you know, I had to ring him at the end of February as we still had no reply from the Store Manager.

He rang me back and apologised but stated the guy who was dealing with it in Escalations was off so he would sort it on his return or get someone else to look into it.

On 10th March 08 I still had not heard anything so thought, I'd ring the Store Manager back. Was informed he was not in, asked if he was in the next day and was advised he was not. I asked to speak to another Manager so spoke to him, had to go through everything again right from the start! He said he will contact Customer Services and then get back to me. I advised him it was Escalations the other Manager was dealing with and he replied by saying that the Escalations Dept have told him to basically get lost and they would not do anything.

He came back to me the same day and said that he had contacted Customer Services who have no record of any of my E-mails so could I bring them in to the Store. I said I am not willing to come up to the Store again (which is the other side of the City to where I live) and waste more money and time when I went through all of this previously with the other Manager who seen the Emails. I said I'll gladly give him the names of the people at Curry's who have replied and the dates of their replies. He said that was fine so gave him the details. He said he may even look into getting someone to come out and inspect it. I said you are the first person who has mentioned that despite me requesting on numerous occasions in my E-mails. I said at the end of the day if it doesn't get sorted then I'll get Trading Standards to take the matter forward as both them and the SOGA support what I am asking for. He informed me that he was off on the 11th but would get back to me on Wednesday 12th.

Received a telephone call from a women at Curry's this morning advising that a replacement Fridge Freezer will be sent out to us on Saturday and they will collect the old one. I still can't believe it that it is going to be sorted! I am not going to settle until Saturday though and I've received the new Fridge Freezer.

I do however, know what I am going to do this time - Inspect the whole of the Fridge Freezer on delivery with a magnifying glass before signing anything! ;)

I will report back when I have actually received the new Fridge Freezer but would just like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to everyone who has provided advice and assistance in this matter - gyzmo, ForestChav, and bookworm. A special mention to gyzmo though who has gone that extra mile to help. Thank You again.

Oh and Forest Chav - 1-0 ! Will you catch us now!? ;):D

Well you are not going to believe this!

They delivered my new Fridge Freezer Saturday and took the old one away.

I gave it the once over, all looked fine. It was pretty dirty as they had used gloves to carry it in. So I singed the delivery sheet and thought thank god for that!

However, I then went to clean it starting with the outside and what do I come across? Two black marks to the outside of the Freezer door and a chip to the outside of the Fridge door. I then moved round to the sides/back and found more scratches/chips/black marks.

Then I goes inside the fridge and pulls everything out. I find a dint at the back of the Fridge and also damage to the plastic storage holders (cracks in them). I get into the Freezer and that is generally ok inside, although a couple of the plastic drawers are grazed badly.

I am absolutely livid ! The replacement Fridge Freezer, in my opinion, is worse than the initial one I received! :mad:

I got on the phone yesterday and they advised I need to ring back today as the department only work Monday - Friday. Mentioned the trouble I had last time via E-mail so asked the lady to log my call and she gave me a case reference.

Where do you think I stand with this. I am inclined not to accept an exchange as 2 have not been up to standard so why would a third? This is not damage during delivery this is actually leaving the Depot/Factory in that state after supposedly going through Quality Checks! I think I am going to request a refund now and take my business elsewhere. Currys have really shown themselves up this time. They know they are replacing a damaged Fridge Freezer so what do they do? Yep send out another damaged one - Genius! I will be rining them when I get in from work today - Not E-mailing as they just fob you off, where as I won't put the phone down till I get answers.

Am I in a position to be asking for compensation now for the two and a bit months I've been messed around?

I can't tell you how annoyed, and upset I am at the way I have been treated by this company after spending my hard earned dosh in their store! :mad::(

Oh no - just when things were lookin up.

Asking for a repair or replacement does not constitute acceptance of the goods. I think you are entitled to a refund, so do request this.

As for compensation, well that may be a fight.

An idea may be to allow them to try one more time on the basis that they provide some sort of compensation, and hope that the next one is OK (if not, reject it anyway).

Personally though I would demand the money back and run as fast as you can (esp. as the sales are now on again).

Certainly contact Consumer Direct to update them on this - bearing in mind previous advice gievn on this matter!

• 4 weeks later...

Update -

All now sorted. Got the other one taken away and got a totally different make of Fridge Freezer.

I would always advise everyone to fight against Currys and i'll not buy anything from them in future.

Cheers all !