Orange/Moorcroft- Please Help!!!!

rustym

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, im in serious need of advice.

Last year i had a contract with orange mobile, but eventually after losing my job and other serious troubles i couldnt continue payments and was cut off from my service.

i moved to another city in october, and today i recieved a package with various letters that had been sent to my old adress, including 2 from moorcroft debt recovery.

the first was:

19/12/07

we have been instructed by Orange to collect £360.

it is legal requirement to send notice of intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. this letter fulfills this requirement even if it is not actally read by you.

to prevent legal action from being taken it is essential that you settle this account without delay. payment should be submitted in full to us within 7 days or contact made with this office by phone or letter with payment of your offer.

failure to contact us by 10am on 26/12/07 may result in legal proceedings being issued against you without further notice. if proceedings are commenced and judgment is entered, this will increase your debt because of additional court costs and soliciters fees.

we would draw your attention that if judgemnt and an order for repayment in full are obtained and remains unpaid enforcemet of debt may be sought by other legal processes (attatcment of earnings, bailiffs)

you should note that should jusdgment be entered against you this would probably affect any future credit applications you may make elsewhere.

oranage has informed us that upon reciept of full payment they will reconnect your phone and will not charge a fee. if you would like to take up this offer you should contact us to arrange full pament and supply us your bank details so that direct debit instructions can be implemented for future payments.

sincerely- debt recovery manager.

obviously i never knew this letter existed! So they sent this one too:

12/01/07

NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 19/1/08 or phone immediatly.

if you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposly avoiding repayment of this debt and will take necessary stept to secure settelment which may include issuing legal action against you. please note if illigal action is necessary your debt will increse as follows

current balance: £360

solicitors fees for issue of court form: £50

court fees for issue of court form: £40

solicitors costs for entering judgment: £25

contact us now.

Obviously i didnt recieve this until today!

I'm completely terrified of what could happen. I'd like to pay the original debt off, but can only afford it in instalments.

I've seen how the posters on this forum have helped others in similar situations, id be extemely grateful for any advice.

apologies for the length.

Thankyou

Rustym:

Its just the usual standard threatening nonsense designed to look/sound intimidating enough to make you contact them & pay up asap.

Please relax if u can although i know thats easier said than done.

Contact Orange or Moorcroft & INSIST that you are offering to pay an amount per month that you can afford - even if that was only £1 per month then you stick to that, they may laugh that off...but that amount is actually a legal amount you can pay off a debt believe it or not.

Do not be bullied by Moorcroft & or made to feel intimidated by any of their letters or their claims of what they can/will do.

They have as much power over you as i do quite frankly. :rolleyes:

If it ever got to court..you would just agree an amount with the court that u could afford once they take into account all ur outgoings...which can easily be exagerated ;)

Thankyou for both of your advice! i feel much better already.

I'd like to pay £10 a month (and hopefull double that when i can afford it), so shall i call orange to let them know my intentions? i need to find out who to make the cheque payable to anyway.

Does this mean i dont have to make any contact with Moorcroft? even if they send me anyhing else?

Thanks again guys!

Hi rustym,

Just thought I`d stick my nose in this.

I`m sure if you pay your cheque to `Orange Mobile` they would be able to cash it.

If you don`t want to include your new address (which is understandable), just send them one cheque for £10 with your account and mobile number on.

Keep an eye on your Bank Account and if the cheque has been cashed they you know they received are have been able to cash it. Then just keep doing that.

Do you know if there are any unlawful charges on the account? If so, that would bring the amount down? Maybe to a level you could just pay off.

As with Morecrap, yeah, just ignore these knob jockeys. They will obviously send you more letters or even a Solicitors letter, but so what. As long as your paying the original provider, a Judge will see that your not avoiding the debt and will probably fob Morecrap off as a bunch of goons out to make a few quid out of it and cause you grief in the mean time.

We are in the same position as you with Sky and Wescot. Everytime they send us a letter, we pay something off the Sky website. We received a Solicitors letter so we paid something else off. If they issue a Court claim we`ll pay something else off, then dispute the amount that the morons are claiming. We`re quite happy to pay Sky, but we`ll never entertain any of these idiots. They`re just out to terrorise people.

So, just follow what people are telling you on CAG, TOTALY ignore Morecrap (NO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS) and you`ll be ok in the end.

Hope this helps.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

I'd like to pay £10 a month (and hopefull double that when i can afford it), so shall i call orange to let them know my intentions? i need to find out who to make the cheque payable to anyway.

Please do not be worried by the DCA..they can do sod all to you accept ASK you to pay up.

Then go to a court of which u then agree with the court how much u can afford after outgoings etc...

If £10 is all u can afford then you stick to that amount and dont be bullied by any DCA otherwise.

State to the DCA that if they dont accept your GENEROUS offer then you are withdrawing payment & ceasing all communication with them with immediate effect :)

A case of like it or lump it really.