Failed DD charge

bennieee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter this morning advising that a DD was not paid due to insufficient funds last Wednesday. I am a little annoyed as I went into the branch on Tuesday to see if anything was due out before wages got paid on Thursday and was told that nothing was.

It would appear that the Unpaid item fee was taken immediately causing an overdraft on the account. I presume that I will also be charged for this.

Does anyone have a template letter of similar that I could use to send to the bank? I have applied so many times for online banking only to never recieve the full details to enable me to log on so I am not able to check any details online -if they had advised me that there was a payment due out then I would have txf funds to cover it :(

Hope some one can help :)

Hi bennieee,

If this is the first time you've incurred charges on this account, you may be able to get a refund as a gesture of goodwill - your branch manager can authorise this (even if they say they can't - they can!) If they refuse, you'll have to start the official reclaiming process off by sending them the prelim (you'll find this in the documents library).

Online banking............. hmmmmm........... isn't all it's cracked up to be TBH. They don't update the online banking system immediately so often your account will show as being in credit even if it isn't. I tend to find phoning the telephone banking line works best.......... seems to be the most accurate way of checking your account.

Keep track of your DD's as well.............. it's best to keep your own records of what's going out, when it's due, etc. Your own info will always be far more accurate than Nat West could ever hope to be! ;)

Best of luck - keep us posted :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.