a small word of warning

sytra

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone has an account with Barclays that was passed over from Woolwich be carefull, check your statements very carefully..

1) My Wife has never had her card through from them (twice) even though they are adamant they sent them out

2) My Brother has had unknown payments made from his account which have made him go overdrawn from what i have found out he is not the only one, payments are made to Portland re top up, it seems this is somekind of top up tv service which he has no access to......

3) my sister has had her card cloned and been having small but regular amounts debited from her account leaving her no money to pay bills.... to be fair barclays have said they will deal with this account but we will see...

All 3 of these accounts were originally woolwich acc's

Hi Sytra,

Have the first 2 problems been sorted out.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well issue 1, the wife only has a very small amount in the account and she is going to be closing it anyway, so not too worried about that one.. it made us laugh really as when we got back of honeymoon she went in bank to change name and address, they duly took copies of address proof and marriage cert, said card would be sent to new address.... waited and waited then she gets a statement at new address in married name and card in maiden name sent to her previous address (not a prob as it is her parents) told them card was wrong assured her new one will be sent out.. that was in September, still waiting.

2) not sure what my bro is doing about his acc yet, aint spoke to him for a few days

Sytra