PCN sent late?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I have received a PCN for apparently stopping in a yellow box junction (can't be 100% sure as i don't remeber doing it plus the photo they have sent me only shows the back of my car and not the yellow box or any of the road)

I have read somewhere that they must send you the PCN within 28 days of the contravention, now if this is the case the PCN is invalid as the date of contravention is 15/12/07 and the date of the notice is 22/1/08.

If anyone could confirm this or have any other useful information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to CAG :)

I've just noticed that you haven't had a reply to your thread yet. This isn't my area of expertise but I'm sure somebody will be along soon to advise you further. In the meantime, have a good read through some of the other threads (including the stickies) in this forum to gain as much info as poss on PCN's.

Best of luck with this :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hi,

yellow box junctions have been decriminalised, they have 28 days to issue a PCN ( local auth ) hope this helps too?

Yellow Box Junctions

............................................................................................................................

yellowboxpic.jpg

Recently many London authorities have started enforcing yellow box junctions. The following points should be noted if you receive a ticket for getting stuck in one.

• The yellow box regulation only applies to a vehicle which is stopped. A vehicle which is moving slowly cannot be ticketed. Ensure the authority has evidence that your vehicle was stopped. A single still photo does not prove the vehicle was stopped.

• The offence is committed when you enter the box. Therefore if circumstances afterwards change, such as a vehicle changing lanes and blocking your exit, you can appeal. The authority must have video evidence of your vehicle when it enters the box and stopped and this evidence must show also that the exit was not clear when you entered.

• A yellow box must have four sides.

• The yellow lines must go into the corner of the box, as shown in the picture below

• The box should go right up to the kerb

• There should be only one yellow box at a junction

• A yellow box at a T junction should cover only half of the junction (the half next to the side road), as shown in the second picture below

• A box which deviates from the standards requires approval from the Department for Transport (DfT). You may request evidence of this approval when appealing your ticket. If the authority doesn't have DfT approval (which is likely) then the box is invalid and cannot be enforced.

• Yellow boxes do not require a traffic order

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.