Confusing reply to my SAR from Halifax - Please translate!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

For background info on my cases please see my thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/126576-buchanan-clark-wells-now-3.html#post1350792

OK so I put in an SAR to Halifax, just the bog standard one off the library on here. This is what I got...

Dear Mr Chedda (I am a miss and they bloody well know it!)

Further to your letter of 13th January 2008, I am pleased to enclose the charge information you requested. I hope this has provided you with the details you require.

We assume your request is to enable you to reconcile your unarranged overdraft bank charges and feel we should make you aware of our current policy on handling complaints from customers about unarranged overdraft charges.

We believe our charges are fair, transparent and lawful. However, the bank (along with a number of other banks) have now become involved in legal proceedings with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) in relation to unarranged overdraft bank charges which we believe will resolve the legal issues regarding the fairess and legality of your unarranged overdraft bank charges.

Until the determination of the legal issues in the above proceedings, we have asked the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with unarranged overdraft bank charges complaints, and the FSA has agreed to this request subject to conditions that protect your rights.

If you do decide to register a complaint, please be advised that we will be unable to respond in full to your complaint, but we (together with the FSA and OFT) think that it is necessary to resolve the key legal issues before we decide how we respond to any complaints.

Obviously exactly what will happen next will depend on the courts. We do not know how long the case will take - we have promised to proceed as quickly as possible but inevitably given the importance of the issues being considered this may take many months to finally resolve.

Should you decide to refer your case to the FOS, you should be aware that we have asked the FOS not to proceed with any other case they are hearing until the test case is resolved. The FOS has indicated as a general proposition they will not proceed with cases which rely on the legal issues being considered in the test case.

Similarly, you should be aware that if you choose to issue a claim to the courts, the bank will apply to the court for an order to stay your action until the resolution of the bank's proceedings with the OFT.

The FSA requires us to ensure that any unarranged overdraft bank charge complaint will not be adversely affected by the delay in dealing with it.

You can check the latest position on our website Halifax Online Banking - UK Banks, Finance, Personal, Telephone & Internet Banking.

In relation to your request for information about manual intervention on your account(s). As we are not required to record this intervention I am afraid I am unable to assist you further with this request.

Yours sincerely

Data Subject Access Request Team

Bloomin long winded letter. :confused: :? :confused:

Can anyone translate? Also I only asked them for statements, and I want full statements not a list of charges! What now? Is this woman politely asking me to shove off until after the test case?!

If they havent supplied what you wanted them to send them one of these

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

What they have sent you will be the standard letter that they will be sending all claimants

Saint

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hiya

For background info on my cases please see my thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/126576-buchanan-clark-wells-now-3.html#post1350792

OK so I put in an SAR to Halifax, just the bog standard one off the library on here. This is what I got...

Bloomin long winded letter. :confused: :? :confused:

Can anyone translate? Also I only asked them for statements, and I want full statements not a list of charges! What now? Is this woman politely asking me to shove off until after the test case?!

They are jumping the gun or more likely trying to delay compliance with your request. They are also appear to be assuming that by making your request it is your intention to dispute the debt - As has already been suggested don't let them stall send the 2nd letter

They are & do have to supply data relating to manual intervention.

Remember, they have 40 days from receiving your request to send the statements to you. Including weekends. Once your 40 days are up, then send the letter in Saintly_1's post above.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .